Author Topic: So..Who's Modding/FREDding for Diaspora?  (Read 8168 times)

Re: So..Who's Modding/FREDding for Diaspora?
I and several of my friends have recently downloaded this mod and we are all wondering the same thing. Is it possible to convert the singleplayer campaign to be multiplayer coop?

Offline Aether

In the Download pack there is a link to a website with a FRED tutorial. There should be something mentioned there ;)

If I remember correctly it's in Diaspora > Data > Freddocs > Index

Hope this helps with your Single player to Multiplayer Co-op issue!
So say we all!

Wow, that was quick. Thanks - we'll have a go :)

Edit: just noticed that the 'Multiplayer Walkthrough' header is not actually a link, and that is the part we need help with :s

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah, there was a tutorial on multiplayer planned but I never had the time to write it. The differences between MP and SP are quite small though to be honest.

I'm currently looking at whether it's possible to convert mission 2 into a Multiplayer coop mission.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Well if anyone is interested... I'm making a plan concept for my own Battlestar model and a 2 mission campaign for it... :nervous: oh man, I hope I actually stick to this long enough to finish it

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Sounds cool. Post pics when you have them. :)

Offline Dukayn

Is there any way to get the Cylon animation from the Raider to play in a mission?  I have a mission where the player is an unknown Cylon and part way through they get activated.  I'd like if possible to play that animation for a couple seconds before all the Colonial ships turn Hostile.  If not that, then a red wash over the player's camera would work but I can't find anything in FRED which could do it.

Offline CooperHawkes

• NippleNeck (at least i got something to play with)
dont know if the cylon hud stuff can be activated like that, but a quick fade to red and back may do the trick? change --> cutscenes --> fade out & fade in
take me out to the black,
tell 'em i ain't coming back,
i don't care, i'm still free,
you can't take the sky from me

Offline Dukayn

Yeah fade in/out should do the trick, thanks.  Didn't even think of that.  I wouldn't think the Cylon thing would be possible, but it's worth asking about :D

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Depends on how good at modding you are, you could table a version of the MK VII with the required cylon features and then swap to it for a few seconds. :)

Offline Dukayn

Depends on how good at modding you are, you could table a version of the MK VII with the required cylon features and then swap to it for a few seconds. :)
Or in this case the Assault Raptor, yeah... hmm.  Sounds good, I just don't know how to go about that level of modding.  I've only just started FREDing since Diaspora was released.

First post so thanks to Diaspora Development for the amazing and free game. Love it.

I started some mission editing, with a particular interest in making some coop missions, but I am not sure how to export them into MP and / or how to set playable slots for my buddies. Sorry if it's written somewhere already, but having trouble finding this info.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The Mission Specs Editor allows you to choose the type of the mission.

In the Ships Editor tick player ship for the other wingmen to add more players. 

Offline Cerebus

I'm fumbling through, I'll probably string a campaign together as training, I'm doing most of mine as co op from the get go, and once that's done, well this seems like it might be a new hobby...

I'm getting a condenser mic and have a couple people that want to VA that I think will be pretty good at it, so I should be able to put out voice acted missions soon. 

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
if you need an hand processing voices, i'm ready to help. :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
That's an offer you should seriously take Cerebus, torc did all the sound processing for Diaspora. :)

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
i am available to help anyone who wants suggestions regarding SFX and processing voices. :)
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Cerebus

i am available to help anyone who wants suggestions regarding SFX and processing voices. :)

I will take you up on that once I get an appropriate mic