Author Topic: War in Heaven Community Multiplayer Project  (Read 14244 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: War in Heaven Community Multiplayer Project
Somebody probably committed something borked. Matth, Hades, did you test your commits?

Offline Shade

Yep, multi-shp.tbm is borked. Working one attached.

[Edit] And in SVN as well now, so just use that. Attachment removed.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 09:54:57 am by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Shade if you sign up for an Assembla account and post the username I'll add you as a team member and you can commit. You should also be in the first post credits - fixing.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Yeah, sorry about that borked up ship tbm, it had weird formatting so I tried to fix it but apparently I ****ed up and FSO's error messages were no real help either; they pointed to line 1167 or something when the tbm only hit 1010.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline IvKir

Yep, thanks, all work now.

Offline IvKir

One more thing. The Blade Itself work's just fine, and it's just great, but there is something odd - i hear beam's from enemy corvete, but i don't hear my main cannon shooting. Maybe there is a way to make sound area a bit larger or something else?

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
That requires a sounds.tbl update. I don't see a new sounds.tbl created just for multiplayer since it's not a multiplayer specific issue. It's probably better to have change like that in a future patch for BP:WIH.

If the sound radius is too large however, it might be confusing in the main campaign to hear gauss fire from 5 clicks away in a fighter.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I thought it was because the player's turrets do not make sounds.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
I thought it was because the player's turrets do not make sounds.

After some testing, I think you might be right. It's not the sound.tbl which is surprising since the Medusa, the Ursa, and the Prometheus Frame from Wings of Dawn all have audible player turrets.  Whatever it is it's not a multiplayer specific issue.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I've noticed it, too... At first I thought it was problem on my end, so I updated my drivers and fixed sound for the main campaign.
Sound on The Blade Itself still has problems though.

Offline kir2yar

Quick and dirty port of the original STV Gauntlet (original author: TCA-Lonestar).
In fact, I have not added anything there. Well, except the option to to fly on a UEF fighters.

http://kir2yar.dyndns.org/hlp/Lone_m02-bp2.fs2

Incidentally, the some reason the game crashes, if the list of available fighters about 130 units.
I am from Russia. Sorry for my English.
I use Google Translator.

jabber: [email protected]

Offline -Sara-

Maybe sticky it?
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline FSW

Some of us played BP2 multi today. It was a lot of fun!

General:
 - Reverse afterburners don't work; even in co-op. Intentional?
 - Gattler has negative ammo on first spawn, and is unusable. It works fine after respawn.

Stained Mars Red:
 - Archer and Paveway don't appear to damage turrets and subsystems as effectively as in single-player. Perhaps the corvette is just more sturdy than I imagined.

Karuna dogfight mission:
 - Players respawn right next to each other. Intial spawn is fine.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
No. I made a dogfight burner-less version of UEF fighters for dogfights, but the standard versions should still be used for coop, unless someone changed the coop missions.

- Gattler has negative ammo on first spawn, and is unusable. It works fine after respawn.
I guess the ammo-based primary code has never been tested with multieh. That bug is probably that old, just noone noticed it.

Stained Mars Red:
 - Archer and Paveway don't appear to damage turrets and subsystems as effectively as in single-player. Perhaps the corvette is just more sturdy than I imagined.
Blame lag. You think you hit it, and you didn't, or even you think you had achieved aspect lock when you actually hadn't yet.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Alright, #player versions of deimos, aeolus, hyperion, nayana, and Sanctus have been added along with a test tvt mission, update your SVN. Also, we need a host. :(

* Hades looks at Sara
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
We just played a couple rounds of this TvT in capships, it's okay but the hugfighting is a real issue and using ETS in multi TvT seems to cause turrets to stop firing.  :blah:

Offline kir2yar

Quick and dirty port of the original STV Gauntlet (original author: TCA-Lonestar).
In fact, I have not added anything there. Well, except the option to to fly on a UEF fighters.

http://kir2yar.dyndns.org/hlp/Lone_m02-bp2.fs2

Incidentally, the some reason the game crashes, if the list of available fighters about 130 units.

Ou, sorry,
forgot to say user/pass: hlp / welkome

Never, never configure Apache during drinking. Very sorry that it happened.

Just some woodpeckers tried bruteforce my phpmysqladmin
I am from Russia. Sorry for my English.
I use Google Translator.

jabber: [email protected]

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
You all went on BP multi again?! Send me a PM next time!

General:

No, that's not intentional. I remember them working fine when we tested it the other week... strange.

Stained Mars Red:

That's exactly right. The corvette in that mission has double normal hitpoints. Next update will have reduced hitpoints and more baddies to fight.

Karuna dogfight mission:
 - Players respawn right next to each other. Initial spawn is fine.

That's an unforeseen bug specific to Karunas in dogfighting missions. The mission was initially intended for one life per player. I currently have no clue why Karunas do this over fighters.

We just played a couple rounds of this TvT in capships, it's okay but the hugfighting is a real issue and using ETS in multi TvT seems to cause turrets to stop firing.  :blah:

That sounds like a lot of fun! Team play would seem to open a new window for strategy in capitol ship fighting. Sorry to hear about the ETS.

You all play Kir2yar's mission?
BP Multi
The Antagonist

Offline IvKir

Capfighting just great! It's what, i think, we all wanna see in Freespace!

Offline -Sara-

I suggested some time ago ingame that all capships in cap-fights should have a kamikaze code. :) If you bump into someone, you die. Maybe bells and whistles start to go off when you get too close, warning you.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 10:05:18 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.