Author Topic: Wii wii wii, all the way home?  (Read 19705 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Re: Wii wii wii, all the way home?
I still have to sign everyone else up, I've still only got Stark and Ghost.
Anyway, the only game I have so far is Need for Speed: Carbon. To be honest I wasn't expecting much, and it's not a perfect game (no damage modeling!?), but it is very fun, and I was really surprised that the port team actually took the time to make the game use the Wii's motion sensors. I was expecting to have to use the joystick, but ta-da, it's all based on the Wii motion system, which is very fun. You have a selection of different control schemes, such as the standard sideways-Wiimote like a wheel thing, or (my favorite), you can have the Wiimote be like an accelerator pedal (lower it to go faster, pull it back and you slow down), and the Nunchuk as your steering (by leaning it left and right).

The only problem I've found so far with the Wii's system (at least for driving games) is that you have to lean back to be uncomfortable (as the controller used to turn must have the bottom facing the TV, and the top facing you). If you try using the controller facing the floor, the Wii doesn't register the twisting motion as a turn. This might just be with NFS:C though.

Excite Truck doesn't do that, You hold the LED sensor half (side with the D-Pad, power button) to your left hand, and the strap to your right. The A Button faces up though. Very fun game too, most fun I've had with a driving game ever.

Yea, I know. NFS: C has that option as well (with just the Wiimote, a'la Excite Truck) :)

Holy crap.

Temple of Time boss is a total hard ass.

I love this game more than FreeSpace now.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Indeed, Armagohma was one of my favorites.
I am a revolutionary.

Hmm.

Twilight Princess is enough reason for any living creature on earth to buy a Wii.

That and they own enough without it, but it's just.. omg... so good.

Link is my Hero.

<3

Eh.  I don't know.  They really mucked up certain aspects of the controls.

Offline Ulala

I picked up Sonic and the Secret Rings today. The controls are a little hard to get used to at first, but it's not bad once you get the hang of it. The game is about what Sonic should be about: speed. I've only played about 20 minutes, but I've enjoyed it.. I'll give a more thorough response after this weekend when I actually get the time to really put it to the test. Initially though, I think it's a winner.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Honestly, I think Twilight Princess was a little disappointing in the end. The inclusion of Ganondorf was very gratituous and kind of ruined it for me, not to mention the utter lack of difficulty.

I much preferred Majora's Mask.

Offline Ulala

I actually was never able to bring myself to complete Majora's Mask. I got to the Zora-mask water temple, but just quit one day and never looked back. I never could really get into it. I think I just preferred being the adult of Ocarina rather than the kid. *shrugs*
I am a revolutionary.

I actually was never able to bring myself to complete Majora's Mask. I got to the Zora-mask water temple, but just quit one day and never looked back. I never could really get into it. I think I just preferred being the adult of Ocarina rather than the kid. *shrugs*

Damn, I'm the exact opposite, I've completed Majora's Mask 100% 2 times, never got myself to beat Ocarina once, never got past the Shadow Temple.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Oh well, that's OoT out on PAL VC anyways :)

Offline Ulala

I'm somehow tempted to download it even though I own it on two other mediums already...

I'm a pathetic Zelda obsessed fanboy or something.  :rolleyes:
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I'm somehow tempted to download it even though I own it on two other mediums already...

HA! I win! I've got it on 3 mediums! Original N64 cartrige + Master Quest Disc + Zelda Collectors' Disc!

I'm not obsessed at all...  :nervous:
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I really wish they'd have thought of releasing a Master-Quest version of Majora's Mask. Granted, they'd merely be improving on perfection, but it would be nice to have a version that wasn't so damn easy, Majora's only shortcoming.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
I really wish they'd have thought of releasing a Master-Quest version of Majora's Mask. Granted, they'd merely be improving on perfection, but it would be nice to have a version that wasn't so damn easy, Majora's only shortcoming.

True. Master Quest OoT kicked ass, and following it up with a Master Quest Majora's Mask would have been a stroke of genius.
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Apparently (as a semi-aside) Nintendo are now sitting on a number of indie games which are likely to be sold as downloadable*.  Albeit not sure how many you'd fit on the Wiis relatively small 512mb flash memory.

*not VC, because apparently that's only for retro.

Apparently (as a semi-aside) Nintendo are now sitting on a number of indie games which are likely to be sold as downloadable*.  Albeit not sure how many you'd fit on the Wiis relatively small 512mb flash memory.

*not VC, because apparently that's only for retro.

You can put vc games on the sd card and store it, and because the big N owns at protecting stuff, you can't load it onto another Wii, just your own.

Oh, and when is the final version of internet coming out? I know it's March, but is there any clue to when? I wanna get the final version... well because I'm a whore with new stuff.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:30:16 am by Starkweather »

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
You can put vc games on the sd card and store it, and because the big N owns at protecting stuff, you can't load it onto another Wii, just your own.

Can you put them on the comp, them back onto the SD card and then to the same Wii? So you could store as many as you want on the comp, then move them over to the Wii for play.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Has anyone heard of this? It's a mod that lets you use the Wii-mote with Half Life 2 (unreleased):

http://mods.moddb.com/8775/half-life-2-wiimote-mod/

Offline Ulala

I've seen quite a few wiimote to PC mods, including some flash games made specifically for it. This HL2 mod is especially interesting.
I am a revolutionary.

For those of you who didn't know, true story:

Nintendo had a competition: whoever can hold in their wee the longest, gets a free Wii.

I kid you not. No joke.

A girl from somewhere on planet Earth won. She held it in as long as she could and 6 days later dropped dead (without spilling, I guess <_<).

Darwin awards, anyone?