Author Topic: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition  (Read 265414 times)

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Re: RELEASE - Derelict SCP Edition
[launcher]
image255x112 = Derelict.bmp;
infotext     = Five years have passed since the jump node to the Capella system was collapsed, sealing off a massive wave of Shivan Juggernaughts from pushing further into GTVA space. The supernova and subsequent nebula hang like a growing scar throughout the GTVA as light from that event continues to spread across our worlds. You are to take a new tour of duty with the 212th Silver Scythes squadron in the Tau Sigma cluster, a remote group of systems beyond the Altair Jump Node. These are mining colonies, and while the GTVA presence is small, it is nontheless important.;
website      = http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce/;
forum        = http://dynamic.gamespy.com/~freespace/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=83686deb4fd49b5f670f6d92203b257d&forumid=89;

[multimod]
primarylist  = DerelictSCP
secondrylist = ,mediavps;

[settings]
flags = -spec;

First I moved it to my derelict folder (no change) then I edited it and took the comment out and typed derelict in primary (no change), then I renamed primary to DerelictSCP (no change)
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
1) The primarylist setting should never be used except in very rare conditions. I think I've only ever found a use for it once. For most people secondaryList is where it's at. PrimaryList is used to specify a list of mod folders MORE important than the one the mod.ini is in. Since you should be running your DerelictSCP folder as the mod there is no reason anything should be more important than it.

2) The primarylist setting is missing the semi-colon. I've got no idea what that would do but I doubt it's good. At best it's not causing any problems. You might as well remove the entire primarylist line. It's completely unecessary in this case.

Then run your Derelict folder as your mod. Make sure the media VPs are in a folder named mediavps as it specifies in the file.

As long as you have nothing conflicting with the mod it should work after you do that.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
about that, it doesn't seem to work. i have the folder named mediavps and everything and i don't see any enhancements. :(
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The derelict mod.ini is an old one. Open it up in notepad and you'll notice that it's pointing at Media_VPs. Change that to mediavps.

Offline Biir

Ok, I'm more than a little noobish about FS2 modding, but it seems like the main download for the DerelictSCP file is missing the .fc2 file that as far as I've been able to figure out is required to actually play the campaign, while the mirror version DOES have the file. I haven't tested it yet (going through the same no-campaign crap with Inferno now), but I figured I would at least post about it, since the campaign is now showing up in my list at least.

I'm hoping I'm just not seeing something to get the campaign to read from Inferno that none of you veteran modders ever bothers to put in the readme for getting the thing running  :p

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
I uploaded another version, which has been patched but lacks a campaign file. Unfortunately, I can't delete it right now because FileFront is acting up, so get the older version.

I didn't think people could access those files... in which case, I'll re-upload and also add the patch.

Offline starfox

I'm having problems with the mission "Bond of trust". How this mission is supposed to end ?
I have succesfully protected the cargo, defended the civilians, destroyed the Leviathan's beam cannon. With the help of Cypher, the Leviathan was also destroyed, but what else I'm supposed to do ? Everytime, I jump out the mission is declared failure, even when all the objectives are complete. I wonder, what I did wrong ?
 :confused:
Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Offline Nix

• In the morning!
    • Minecraft
I'll update the mirror once you get the files up. 

Hi all.

I'm, like Getter Robo G, having problems running derelict.

I've set things up in the following manner:

- clean install of FS2
- a recent CVS (20060116)
- the standard .vp files in a folder called "mediavps" (plus a "data" structure to allow me to use the medium shockwaves)
- the derelict files in a folder called "derelict" (files used: a data folder (to allow for the use of lightspeed's nebulae i.e. items in effects and stars.tbl), "derelict.bmp", "DerelictSCP1.vp", "DerelictSCP2.vp", "DerelictSCP3.vp", "DerelictSCP4.vp", "DerelictSCPPatch.vp", "mod.ini", "readme.txt" and "settings.ini")

I've checked my mod.ini file and it doesn't have the Media_VPs issue (it currently reads mediavps)... and there's nothing entered for the primarylist ("primarylist  = ;").

The DerelictSCP main file that I've got DOES seem to have fc2 files (46 of them), so I'm hoping guessing I've got the right file... although, given the comments about patched files without campaign data, I'm wondering whether I've got the right stuff. I took the latest dated files from filefront (i.e. derelictSCP.vp; derelictSCPPatch.vp; derelictSCP1.vp) and the remainder of the other files.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong... I'd imagine I'm overlooking something obvious... but just don't know what. Basically, when I run it as a mod... everything loads ok but there's only freespace2 listed in the campaign page... and when you start the game it just loads my old save position for the original fs2 campaign.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Gaz

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
I am having an absolutely bizarre crash, in the mission "The Stars are Right" (dl2-11) it crashes the second the Nylarthotep says "Wait... I think I see something... it's <fzzzzzzzzzzzzt>" (Nyar5).

It happens every time, as soon as it plays that message, I've tried various recent builds and it keeps happening.
It's not even CTDing, FSO just out-right stalls, doesn't do anything, doesn't even minimise, no error logs or messages. Just dies on me. And if I'm running full screen I'm forced to reset my PC since it's not minimising.

This is the only time I've seen this, and it's only when that message appears in that one mission.
Can anyone help? I really don't wanna skip this mission since it seems quite critical.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Hi all.

I'm, like Getter Robo G, having problems running derelict.

As I said, use the older version of DerelictSCP (the one that's actually been submitted to FileFront), because there should be 47 files in the missions subfolder, not 46.

Offline Tnn

I try to get the voice pack DerelictSCP1.rar from Nix's mirror, but when I click on the link, a window opens, says I need login to Fileshack.com, which I did, but the file DerelictSCP1.rar is nowhere to be found on this site!!!
I go back to Nix's page, still login to Fileshack.com, and click on the link, again, a window opens, says I need to login to Fileshack!!!
What should I do?  Help!!!
(I tried Filefront, but it kept cutting me off halfway thru download, very annoying!!)

Hi Tnn...

I had similar problems to you.

Firstly, if you use file front... then some of the files don't appear to have been replicated across all the servers... so you'll get errors when you try to get the file - I'm sorrry but I cleared my download history from my download manager, so I can't tell you which server worked in the end for me... you'll just have to persevere and be patient. It was a real pain in the butt though: files not found, servers where it hangs after 25% or 4.5% download completion, etc etc!!!!

As for the mirror... this too caused me difficulties for a little while but if you've logged in to fileshack then click on one of Nix's links... you'll find (depending on what browser you use) the download window's probably been blocked as a pop-up (I've opera and IE... and it happened with both of them).

Hope this helps.

Gary

hi Blaise.

sorry for making you repeat yourself.

I'd seen the earlier and later versions of "DerelictSCP" on filefront... but had presumed with their MB filesize being the same that they were fundamentally the same (I'd presumed only very minor differences).

I've since downloaded the version from January... and Derelict now appears as a campaign (yippee).

I've not actually run it to test that everything works... but it's a great improvement to even see it available, as I'd struggled a little bit with getting the campaign folder structure correct.

Thanks,

Gary

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
I am having an absolutely bizarre crash, in the mission "The Stars are Right" (dl2-11) it crashes the second the Nylarthotep says "Wait... I think I see something... it's <fzzzzzzzzzzzzt>" (Nyar5).

It happens every time, as soon as it plays that message, I've tried various recent builds and it keeps happening.
It's not even CTDing, FSO just out-right stalls, doesn't do anything, doesn't even minimise, no error logs or messages. Just dies on me. And if I'm running full screen I'm forced to reset my PC since it's not minimising.

This is the only time I've seen this, and it's only when that message appears in that one mission.
Can anyone help? I really don't wanna skip this mission since it seems quite critical.
I just tried it with Redmenace 3/3/06 build, and it crashes at the second message.
Ha ha. Is this mission broked?

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
Ha ha. Is this mission broked?

Unlikely, given that you're the only one experiencing a problem.

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
I just disabled music and it all worked fine.
So i came to the conclusion that it must be mv_music.vp that is causing it, I don't think I've come accross a mission that used that music set in a mission since I chucked the VP in there.
Sure enough I get rid of it and it's all fine. That fixes the crash but doesn't explain it.
Meh, I can live with that.  :nervous:

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Corrupt version of the VP?

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
Probably, I'll redownload it when I can be bothered.

Error: Can't open model file <helios_tech.pof>
File:C:\DEV\PROJECTS\Freespace\fs2o\fs2_open\fs2_open\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1729
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_r.exe 004f371d()
    fs2_open_r.exe 005d0641()
    fs2_open_r.exe 005d0ae4()
    fs2_open_r.exe 005d1a6b()
    fs2_open_r.exe 005d1af1()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0050be9b()
    fs2_open_r.exe 005c1004()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00408a4c()
    fs2_open_r.exe 004fd84c()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00407b34()
    fs2_open_r.exe 004fdb3f()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0040a1f7()
    fs2_open_r.exe 0040a32c()
    fs2_open_r.exe 00687f29()
    kernel32.dll 7c816d4f()
------------------------------------------------------------------

Crashes at load mission time.. but you guys probably already knew that.