Author Topic: GTVA Colossus VS SJ Sathanas  (Read 29396 times)

Re: GTVA Colossus VS SJ Sathanas
unless, of course, there are sytems with no toher species in them (concured, if you woudl prefer), they set up outposts there. where else would they build ships and well...be shivan?

Shivans don't conquer, they exterminate.  Once they kill off one species, they move on until a new species emerges, at which time they return and wipe it out (probably attracted by subspace usage).

You don't see any Shivan outposts in Deneb, Altair or any of the other systems that once belonged to the Ancients.  The shipbuilding could be done on the move (although I won't rule out the possibility of a Shivan superbase/shipyard, though these will be MASSIVE and not very common, and wouldn't be called 'outposts').

Offline Desert Tyrant

• Meh.
Re: GTVA Colossus VS SJ Sathanas
The problem with the Sathanas is it's kind of hard to quantify.  We don't really know that it's got as large of a fight-group as the Collosus did.  Also, it's heavily orintated for assalt engagements-  the aformented 'lulz no beamz in the side'

Fighter/Bomber attacks have been proven to quite sucessful against the Shivan warship, but keep in mind that the Psamtik's fight attack that you lead is little more than a stop-gap to quickly knock out the beams before the SJ gets to Capella.

As far as numbers go... i'd expect at least 3 normal destroyers to have a shot, actually.(Ignoring the game mechanics in which it takes a Destroyer several thousand years to destroy a Juggenaunt)  Assuming that the commanders don't act like retards, of course.  A Hades Superdestroyer, assuming FS2 loadout(This is being generous; The Hades was quite better armed in terms of firepower in ST) has a good chance to engage, and at least heavily damage a Sathanas. 

Really, only an idiot commander would attack a Sathnas from the frount. 

<edit>

unless, of course, there are sytems with no toher species in them (concured, if you woudl prefer), they set up outposts there. where else would they build ships and well...be shivan?

I'm assuming you're formerly Takashi. 

I see you still haven't learned to butt-**** the English language.  As far as we know, Shivan's don't conquer.  For one, we don't see or hear about ground operations, or invasions.  As we see from Vasuda Prime, the Shivans are more likely to Base Delta Zero* as planet than actually conquer it, from what we've seen. 

*Star Wars Imperial code word for Orbital bombard ment of the entire planet.  Results typically in complete planetary de-population and destruction, and reders the planet a molten slag heap in space.</edit>
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 12:12:07 am by Desert Tyrant »