Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91833 times)

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
Originally posted by Cobra
well, it's prolly due to missing backgrounds.
i've only been able to download 2 packs, and the others stop at 1 MB.

Then I suggest you either switch browsers to either Mozilla or FireFox....or download Download Accelerator Plus (no adware, just a simple banner that can be blocked easily by adding "127.0.0.1  ads.downloadaccelerator.com" to your hosts file.)
Gargoyles, Season 1.  Buy it, or DIE! :)

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela
"Because we're in a hurry!" - Professor

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
where can i get mozilla, firefox, or download accelerator plus?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

For those who have crash-to-desktop errors DO NOT REINSTALL YOUR GAME!

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,29910.0.html

Wow.  You know, I totally missed this thread and was just playing through the old version of Derelict.  Not the most stable thing, but then that's no doubt due to my habit of trying to hotwire the SCP six ways to sunday.

Mostly, though, I was damned impressed.  One hell of a campaign.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
that's what you expect when two guys put their heads together.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Originally posted by Cobra
where can i get mozilla, firefox, or download accelerator plus?

Go to Google and do a search.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, now i have firefox, but it's not helping with the TBP 3.0 download. it stopped at 22 :mad:

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper

Thats where DAP comes into play....

See, both Mozilla and FireFox have resume capability built in, but sometimes it doesn't work so thats where steps up to the plate and takes over.

btw, if you don't know what something is or where to get it do a damn google search instead of asking really stupid questions.  If you can't find it, then ask.

"Professor! This ship is capable of traveling 90 percent the speed of light! Why are we only doing 35 miles an hour!" - Leela

"from a purely stastical standpoint japanese men DO have smaller penii on average" - Kazan

Offline Axem

DAP has evil spyware.

Use Free Download Manager. It's free. It's also a download manager.

Did I mention its free?

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
hey, axem, update yer virus protection. then you won't have to worry about spyware.

BTW, vertigo, i do search. i just can't find whatever i'm looking for.

Offline Vertigo1

• 'Scaper
Originally posted by Axem
DAP has evil spyware.

No it doesn't.  The only form of ads it has is a simple banner ad at the top of every window.  Anyone with a fricken' clue can block that easily via two methods.  Deny yourself access rights to the DAP/Ads folder or just block "ads.downloadaccelerator.com" via your hosts file.  Thats it.  You're obviously confusing Getright with DAP.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
AOW! Download Manager workin' fine!

Oh, and BR? DM recorded that the connection with wanadoo's server was lost, and keeps starting over.

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
I'm not sure what you expect me to do about it. :confused:

Hmm, problem:

Error: Invalid subsystem name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( has-arrived-delay 6 "Cypher" )
   ( fire-beam
      "Cypher"
      "turret12"
      "Ithaca"
   )
   ( fire-beam
      "Cypher"
      "turret20"
      "Ithaca"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: turret12)
File:E:\Languages\Visual Studio Projects\Visual C++\fs2_open\code\Mission\MissionParse.cpp
Line: 4539

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

:(
Encountered it just after finishing the mission where the derelict first appears, if that's any help.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 03:21:17 am by 1085 »

I had the same problem a few times; last time it was the 2nd SOC mission, and I moved my ship.tbl out of fs2 to get past it (although that broke the wingman display and the ship choice menu).

EDIT - and putting it back doesn't fix it.  Bah.  What version of the ships.tbl are we supposed to be using?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 06:54:37 am by 2239 »

Discreet *bumP*

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

It's still not getting past that mission with Cypher see?
EDIT:Em, mission dl2-01. Keeps kicking me out with an error about the subsystem, as seen above.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 11:44:37 pm by 1085 »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
ok, what to do: make a separate folder called "derelict", and make a subfolder called data, then add the tables, models, etc, and extract the contents of the SCP VP to those folders (respective locations, of course :)). Select the Derelict Folder as a mod, and try it there.

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
So long as people are replaying this campaign, could someone run down a list of the enemy wing names for me?  I'm working on a pirate-themed short story, and I'm looking for some terminology to throw around.  I remember Derelict being pretty heavy in that respect.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.