Author Topic: Multiplayer Schedule + How To Get Started in FS2 Multiplayer - Read this first!  (Read 222358 times)

Offline Shade

Heh, I might actually be able to make that game for an hour or so. All I have to do is get out of bed an hour before normal. I doubt I'd be terribly effective at 4am in the morning, but I can always draw fire away from people who are actually awake :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hmm.  If there are enough ppl like you, I could just stay hosting for awhile longer... I'll be awake until like 7A EST / 12P GMT anyways.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I pushed my Saturday game back by a hour (to 9:00 PM) to give us more time to play, so we can take advantage of the high activity around that period.

Also, I don't think it's really necessary to assign difficulty ratings to these sessions. The difficulty level is usually just determined by consensus as jr2 says, and it's a good idea for newcomers to play with experienced people anyway, so they pick up the methods and tactics faster.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 11:37:21 am by CP5670 »

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
31st
Host: jr2, 3-6 AM
     Difficulty: Unknown
     Server Location: New York

So... where is it?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
***, srry, I"m late... didn't realize the time

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
That was a fast reply!  :eek2:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
And, I have a problem... my CPU is at 100%, and won't go down.... :mad:  Hang on a min...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Is anyone else waiting?

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Not anymore.  :p

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Figures... my compy is lagging so hard I'm having a hard time posting, and my typing lags behind like three words... I have a nice little process, PID 4, mem usage 28K, called "System", that I haven't seen before... dang it all.  I'm starting to wonder if a CD I played didn't have some copy protection spyware built in, not sure... This compy was working perfectly 12 hours ago, dang it...

Anyways, I'm really sorry, guys, if I can get this fixed, I will host... ugh, I hate spyware. And I have Windows Defender, AVG Anit-Spware, Spybot Search and Destroy, and Lavasoft Ad-Aware... and I usually know what I'm doing.  But, today of all days.... :(

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ya, I have that... and, for some odd reason, I'd forgotten that "System" is indeed normal... I restarted, and now my CPU is normal...  :blah: anybody still wanna go?  I'll fire it up if so.  ;7   Srry again for the delay.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I'll play.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
server is now up  :D

EDIT: k, now between games... will be back up in a few mins
* jr2 wishes in-game joining worked
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 10:41:20 pm by jr2 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
sleek, if you read this... it wasn't me.  :/

EDIT: back up... I had to restart FS2.

Offline Shade

Ah, that explains it. I got up, checked for games, and went to bed again when there wasn't any... I'm not really the waiting sort when it's that early :p Hopefully I'll catch the next one :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Sorry.  :(

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
We should be able to get a few more medals this time. I looked over a couple of the missions and think I know what to do.

The game will start in a little over a hour, by the way.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I will be there.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Shade

Already took a nap and got me some snacks ready, so I'm good to go for an all-nighter :)