Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Blue Planet

Screen going mental in AoA Mission 16 The Great Preservers.

(1/2) > >>

Iain Baker:
Hi all, I got a BP AoA question.

I’m playing mission 16 ‘The Great Preservers’ - the first one as a Vishnan. Is it normal for the ship's hud and targeting to go all screwy? The effect is similar to the interference you get in the nebular missions in retail FS2, except it is quite persistent.

*Edit* - I have seen a few lets plays on YouTube. Older versions of BP didn’t do this, but a lets play from 2018 did. You can see it here: https://youtu.be/Arg4vZffYwU?t=7721

Is it due to getting hit? Is the psychic link to the ship being disrupted? Or is it some of the fighters or bombers that are doing it? I notice some of the Maras are the assassin intron which gives them temporary cloaking ability. Is there an intron that scrambles sensors etc?

Ok, so actually two questions, sorry.

Is there any data on the two other primaries on offer, the gravity spike and the cluster shot? The standard Vishnan primaries suck, so I’m trying to work out if the others are any better.

Cheers 😊

AdmiralRalwood:

--- Quote from: Iain Baker on January 23, 2019, 04:02:12 pm ---*Edit* - I have seen a few lets plays on YouTube. Older versions of BP didn’t do this, but a lets play from 2018 did. You can see it here: https://youtu.be/Arg4vZffYwU?t=7721

Is it due to getting hit? Is the psychic link to the ship being disrupted? Or is it some of the fighters or bombers that are doing it? I notice some of the Maras are the assassin intron which gives them temporary cloaking ability. Is there an intron that scrambles sensors etc?

--- End quote ---
You can clearly see the player getting hit by a missile at the start of the effect; Arjuna wing, at the very least, is loaded with "EMP Adv.#Shivan" secondaries, so... avoid the EMP missiles and your HUD won't go screwy, pilot!

There is an intron that can cause EMP effects, but it's not used in that mission.

Iain Baker:
Thanks for the heads up.  :) Looking over the video again I can see it now. Those sneaky Shivan bar stewards ;-)

Still doesn't explain why the Vishnan primaries are so crap considering they are supposed to be so advanced...unless they have been deliberately nerfed for 'balance reasons', so you stand a chance when you have to fight against them in a future act...humm...now that would be interesting

General Battuta:
Huh, I thought they were ridiculously good. Aren't they? Plus you have the flak and beam options...

QuakeIV:
They aren't especially good to my recollection at this point in time.  I was kindof under the impression that it was because vishnans have to fight full throttle shivans most of the time, hence the degraded apparent performance.

Spoiler:If I'm remembering right the bloody nahemas are moving around like fighters and lobbing instalock missiles, its kindof terrifying.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version