Author Topic: Replying to Port Site Query  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Replying to Port Site Query
In response to Goob's question in the news post on the Port website:  Yes.  I check by at least once a day.  In fact, I saw the message yesterday, but forgot to post here.  I even check by the Downloads page, as there have been incidents of updates being posted there, with no news posting announcing it.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Is there anything you don't have your paws in? :lol: You found the hidden multiple docking screenshots too. :p

Have you thought of joining a hosted project?  You're proving to be very resourceful.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Well, I realy can't join a project, as I'm working full time.  In fact, I realy only get the oppertinuty to PLAY Freespace once a week, let alone do anything else.  Now, I might have a bit of evening time, but by that point I'm so drained, I don't have the energy to play.  I've also got my own project that I dabble in once in a while... I call it "GTI:Untold Sorties".

Offline Nuclear1

Hey, slow down, Charlie :p

In all seriousness though, it would be awesome to have you on a project. :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
My campaign has nothing to do with any GTI rebellion, but rather my take on incidentents... alluded to, in FS1 & ST.  I expect that I'll find myself more active in it once SCP releases a fixed FRED with all new features up to date (I know, wishful thinking ;) ).

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
i check EVERY day, hoping for the release of ST:R :D
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Slow down yourself, nuclear1... TP's been working on GTI: Untold Sorties since 2003, and we've been working on Silent Threat: Reborn since 2002.  So you're the latecomer. :p

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
WOW, someone who remembers!  I've actually got 10 or so missions partially FREDed, but it has gone through 2 separate hard drive failures and I had to restore from some partially completed missions I had fortunately stored on floppies.  Each time I've taken another stab at it, I've decided to add in even more ships and more effects.  In fact, most of my missions are still awaiting changes to make use of SCP enhancements.  As I said earlier, a fully functional FRED Open would probably motivate me to resume my work.  Frightfully enough, I've actually got 2 other campaign ideas that would follow this one.  One would overlap with the tail end of FS2 and continue for some time afterwards, while the other would take place some years later, following the same Alpha 1 from FS2, who ended up in a coma after barely escaping the Capellan supernova.  When I said that these would follow the first one, that means that they would take place in the same universe, and have several tie-ins with each other.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
aargh, has it really been that long... >_<
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Originally posted by Goober5000
we've been working on Silent Threat: Reborn since 2002.

WTF?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
:bump:
YAY, another website update!  So, would it not be over-optomistic to anticipate an ST:R release before the summer is finished?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That would be a little too optimistic.  Much as we'd like to do that, we don't know how long the voice acting will take. :)

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Yargh! Release it without VA. We don't need it to enjoy it.

Finish ittttttttttttttttttttttttt!
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We (or I :p) are still tweaking missions. :)

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
Originally posted by Goober5000
That would be a little too optimistic.  Much as we'd like to do that, we don't know how long the voice acting will take. :)

I could scrounge up voice actors if that would help.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sure, that would be nice. :) Have them post an audition here and we'll see how we like them.

Waiting for the stuff.
Patience is a vertu.
(and yes, I do check the site)
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
vertu should be virtue. :p

so, what's the project status? we want a release! :p

Originally posted by Cobra
vertu should be virtue. :p

bleh....

But I am also waiting for a release. :nod:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagh'nagl fhtagn.
Ïa ! Ïa ! Cthulhu fhtagn ! Cthulhu fhtagn !