Author Topic: UW Act I Demo Release  (Read 126983 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Error: Can't open model file <none>
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1902
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

?

I have all VPs...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Are you using a debug build for some reason?
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Damn it's too difficult ^^ I love the game mechanics but just change that HUD and the UI. It hurt my eye -_- The choice of the olors are a bit too flashy and excessive. I don't like the weapons effects both graphical and sound.

However, after playing 2 missions after the training, I found it great.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
they are a little loud, I agree. Sure you wanted to do something like WII air combat which is fine, but remember we are in space (no sound at all). Since no sound would suck  ;), change the volume and nature of the sound.

Additionally, I ask again: Will there be voice acting in the full campaign?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Are you using a debug build for some reason?

No, I'm using a normal FS Open build.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Nuclear1

Whoa, this was a steep learning curve.

But still fun.

You guys rock. :yes:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Admiral Nelson

?

I have all VPs...

I would tend to think that you must have some stray tbms or othr files contaminating your base FS2 folder.  TVWP is fully self contained and has all required models.

Additionally, I ask again: Will there be voice acting in the full campaign?

It took on the order of four months to complete the voice acting for the eight missions of Cardinal Spear.  I shudder to think how long the 29 missions of TVWP Chapter 1 would take.  Voice acting will be considered for future (smaller) chapters.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
?

I have all VPs...

I would tend to think that you must have some stray tbms or othr files contaminating your base FS2 folder.  TVWP is fully self contained and has all required models.

I have just checked, there are some other files(OTT and such). The models and tables folders are both empty, however...how can a few textures placed in data/maps cause that error?!?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Admiral Nelson

It can't.  I would tend to suspect you have a mod vp floating around in the base directory someplace.  Remember that there should be no mod.ini nor any reference to any other mod -- no mediavps, for instance.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
It can't.  I would tend to suspect you have a mod vp floating around in the base directory someplace.  Remember that there should be no mod.ini nor any reference to any other mod -- no mediavps, for instance.

D'oh!

I have just removed the mod.ini, but I still get that error  :mad:

Are you sure I have to delete/move textures, icons and other files from my root FS2 folder?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Are you sure I have to delete/move textures, icons and other files from my root FS2 folder?[/i][/color]

They shouldn't be in your root FS2 folder anyway! They should be in mod folders!!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
The only thing in FS2 root should be FS2 retail files, with the FS2ogg vp being the exception (and the 3.6.9 exes + launcher).

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
--and your "FS2 Junk" folder! :P

BTW, Will that uber-sweet HUD work with regular FS2 (with the MediaVPs)???
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
--and your "FS2 Junk" folder! :P

Ah... Yes, mine is called "disabled"  ;)

Offline Admiral Nelson

It has all of the required HUD elements (shield and weapon energy gauges), so I don't see why not.

Ive encountered a type of stealth fighters.
The model of the Amaz... uhm the Falcon apears to be "invisible". No crash or anything. I can see the engine glows etc. but not the ship itself.
It is just me?

Otherwise, great work.  I love the low tech feel :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Do you have jpg/tga textures enabled>

Ah, that was the problem. Well, thanks :)
And I take my comment about the falcon/amazon back. The TVWP website shows obviously an older picture.

Offline Admiral Nelson

Yeah, I need to update the website.  The information there is very old.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm getting a 'failed to create command recognition context' error when attempting to launch TVWP. Running other mods works fine.

I have all the TVWP files in a folder called 'TVWP' in my FS2_Open directory, which I've selected under the mod tab.

I understand this is usually an Open_AL error (I searched the forum) but I've got the latest version installed and 'ordinary' FS2, i.e. the main campaign, seems to work fine.

What's going on?