Author Topic: Starshatter Downloads Page  (Read 150127 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: Starshatter Downloads Page
All links in the OP work except the new Starshatter .exe 5.1.66, which you can find here:  https://code.google.com/archive/p/starshatter-open/downloads

Thanks. I am not sure why the full version link did not work when I tried it but it worked late last night. Got all the files.

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
I've updated the OP with the correct link for the .exe and added a mirror in case Google Code disappears for good (Google shut it down in 2015 and only an archive remains).

I have a (working) copy of the game with the old executable replaced with the new one plus the reborn mod enabled by default on online storage if it's needed.

Well, it ran on my windows 7 machine although one of the missions involving pirates does not work for whatever reason.  The campaign can be played to completion though.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 07:01:42 pm by ImperatorPavel »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Is the whole game here?   :confused:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Have owned and played Starshatter TGS for many years...I lost the magic 3d program when I had to reformat my PC, anyone know where I can get that at?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
It's linked here but the URL seems dead (perhaps it will work for you, be sure to virus scan if it does.

https://www.downloadsource.net/15462/Starshatter-The-Gathering-Storm-Magic-3D-Modeler/

yup it's a dead link.  If I could find Boyd's old modeling tutorial pack, I'd get it. Unfortunately I have Magic 2 which is only good for rendering an existing model with textures, that's all/

Here, Ive tried to collect as much stuff as possible before it gets lost.
I believe I've included both 1.5 and 2.0 versions in the tools file.

http://www.negative-10.com/starshatter/

Wow, yuo have my Archonites, battle tech, starblazers (although Braddw is also my co-creator of that mod), gundam, UWG and many more, that is FREAKING AWESOME! :yes:   But where is the magic 1.5 and 2.0 at?

NM, found the tools, thanks for still having onto them.  I will say that a couple of my older mods I'm a little embarrassed by how bad they are, but grateful that they are still around. 

Offline starlord

I wonder what became of the Bismarck and follow up mod? Those were promising and I recall they were supposed to propose a scripted campaign following starshatter’s fifth one, with new ships and all.

Also, there was a star frontiers mod too.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
404s:

Default Dats
Dats minus ships
Dats minus ships & Weapons

Aegean Mod,
StarShatter Reborn
Starblazers
Star Wars Rebel Assault

This one has an incorrect URL (doesn't link to a file):

Battletech Mechwarrior Battlespace

Links should be working now

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Links should be working now

Verified, thanks :yes:

Crossboneisland is hosting many of us former mod creators from Starshatter.  I will be sending him several mods not on his list for people to be able to enjoy, I encourage ANYONE who likes starshatter to visit his site and take advantage of what he has there.  There are MANY extremely talented modders who would love nothing more than to have their mods used ingame.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
That's a really neat website - last time I saw SS mods it was on the old website.

By the way Achilles, did you get the files I linked to you? I realize you said you had already found your old ones, but it would be nice to know you were at least able to get hold of what I linked to you.

...If you are simply trying to make SS playable again, the carcorr mod and RSCaper's starfield fix are quite essential, and I sent both of those your way.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline starlord

Also it would be nice to make a listing of available mod files. Hopefully there have been no losses. For instance are the files for the star frontier mod still here?

That's a really neat website - last time I saw SS mods it was on the old website.

By the way Achilles, did you get the files I linked to you? I realize you said you had already found your old ones, but it would be nice to know you were at least able to get hold of what I linked to you.

...If you are simply trying to make SS playable again, the carcorr mod and RSCaper's starfield fix are quite essential, and I sent both of those your way.

I was, and thank you very much! :nod:

Also it would be nice to make a listing of available mod files. Hopefully there have been no losses. For instance are the files for the star frontier mod still here?

Yes they are