Author Topic: Planning a MVPs Release/Update  (Read 14201 times)

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Planning a MVPs Release/Update
So far all I see is a Fenris to add in. Anything else I've missed? Anything anyone wants to create in the next couple months?
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Re: Planning a MVPs Release/Update

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter

Was the Ra model ever completed/converted?

And there's Nyx Hygeia of course: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95789.0

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Dunno about the "inferno-ized" Hygia. Open to thoughts/comparisons to the original.

Both versions are included (with and w/o turret).

Online Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
An optional addition of Axem's MessageBox script, maybe? I know that isn't retail funtionality, but it's really useful and comfortable.

Also that fix for a possible condition where the player doesn't unlock Cyclops before Slaying Ravana?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Dunno about the "inferno-ized" Hygia. Open to thoughts/comparisons to the original.
I provided drag'n'drop replacement for vanilla Hygeia in the download. Version with turrets is for modders usage.

Also I'm working on Hades' HTL Deimos in the same style as my Hygeia. It will be finished in november or december.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Also that fix for a possible condition where the player doesn't unlock Cyclops before Slaying Ravana?

I'm seeing only 2 options for that:
1. Have all weapons/ships unlocked from the beginning and handle availability through loadout.
2. Fix it on the FSO side by putting SEXPs regarding loadout/techroom changes into the campaign file.

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
There are some really pretty subspace vortex textures used by a few mods, (ASW and I think a few others) that I can't jump out without.

I looked super hard but, I can't find the original creator anywhere. .  :confused:  not in the credits of ASW, or on this site for that matter. .

Still, I think they would make a good addition to the MVPs, It's amazing what just a retexture of the warp-map can achieve.

link to map textures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BIjCuut7EKnVTGZ2azYV2rdwKMYw4vpv

(See attachment for pics)

[attachment eaten by a Shivan]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 01:58:41 am by DefCynodont119 »
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

There are dds and png versions of Hippocrates textures included, resulting in 80 mb of dead weight.

I remember there was some path issue on the Arcadia due to presence of paths from the retail model and PCS-generated ones. INF version fixed that; only other change to the model is the addition of the 2 Arcadia extension dockpoints. There's something wrong with the INF version too, apparently. :wtf:

So here's the fixed Arcadia: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xdetetae0d6ocnj/NuArcadia.7z
INFs version had somehow 4 addontional textures specified for some reason, and some paths were still messed up.

1-Took the Arcadia from most recent MVP update (30 Sep 2018)
2-Deleted all paths except the bay paths
3-Added the 2 docking points (BeDock and FeDock) needed for INFs Arcadia extensions
4-Used PCS autocalculation

Number of paths now matches the expected number (129 - 6 bay paths, 92 docking points, 7 subsystems, 24 turrets). Didn't change anything besides that.

I have a suspicion there is something wrong with at least some of the MediaVPS for primary weapons (Disruptor and ML-16, possibly others) that causes graphical issues when used with the current implementation of the post_process flag.  If my suspicion is correct, it might require a rejig of those resources in some way to make them look right in-game.

At the moment, on two different machines, the Disruptor and ML-16 look like this:
https://i.imgur.com/lNrC7pR.png

I'd need a couple more people to test it to verify but it's not hard to test.
See my thread here:
https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95929.msg1888032

That problem only effects the FSPort MVPs, which are (to my understanding) not part of the update.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That is correct. I do not manage the FSPort mediavps. That would be Goober5000

That problem only effects the FSPort MVPs, which are (to my understanding) not part of the update.
Whoops, apologies, thought that's what this one was announcing.  Was looking in the wrong forum.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Scarab however is apparently in the MediaVPs. I thought it was just FSPort. Interesting. https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86392.0

Didn't all FSPortMVP assets got copied over to the regular ones at some point? IIRC (?) a number of regular/FSPort dublicates got kicked from the latter, and in regard to models I don't know if there's any difference between them. From a modding POV, they could all be added to the regular MVPs AFAIK, so you wouldn't have to check whether a model is present in MVPs or has to be imported seperately.

Almost forgotten... Galemps re-UVed Mjolnir: https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=95729.msg1884918#msg1884918
2 things regarding this one, though:
-Nyx told me that the height maps of this thing might not be working properly. Probably doesn't matter as height maps don't work at all.
-Live debris from the 2 subsystem isn't named properly (Debris03, 04, 05 and 06 have to be renamed).

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So here's the fixed Arcadia: https://www.mediafire.com/file/xdetetae0d6ocnj/NuArcadia.7z
INFs version had somehow 4 addontional textures specified for some reason, and some paths were still messed up.

1-Took the Arcadia from most recent MVP update (30 Sep 2018)
2-Deleted all paths except the bay paths
3-Added the 2 docking points (BeDock and FeDock) needed for INFs Arcadia extensions
4-Used PCS autocalculation

Number of paths now matches the expected number (129 - 6 bay paths, 92 docking points, 7 subsystems, 24 turrets). Didn't change anything besides that.

Tell me more about this. I know of at least 2 mods that made use of all the added dock paths on the platform in the HTL version. Has that changed?