Author Topic: Battlefield 3 is free on origin for the next few days...  (Read 4493 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Battlefield 3 is free on origin for the next few days...
If anyone cares.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Battlefield 3 is free on origin for the next few days...
One gets the impression that Origin is a bit hard-pressed for a userbase if they're giving away big-name games every month.  Oh well, I'm not complaining.

(Kind of weird though: at some point Origin had a freebie offer for Battlefield 1942, and I picked it up, but now 1942 doesn't show up on the store at all.)

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I picked up both 1942 and 3. This giveaway is literally the only reason I installed Origin. While I'm not a big fan of Battlefield series, it'd be rather foolish not to take them when they're given away like this.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
One gets the impression that Origin is a bit hard-pressed for a userbase if they're giving away big-name games every month.  Oh well, I'm not complaining.

(Kind of weird though: at some point Origin had a freebie offer for Battlefield 1942, and I picked it up, but now 1942 doesn't show up on the store at all.)

Look under "Hidden games" in your profile if you don't have it installed.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I picked up both 1942 and 3. This giveaway is literally the only reason I installed Origin. While I'm not a big fan of Battlefield series, it'd be rather foolish not to take them when they're given away like this.

I will quite likely never install BF3, nevermind play it, but it's now in my profile just in case ;)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I had a lot of fun flying jets in this game because they are nearly unkillable. I spent hours swooping around in my mithril-plated autism chariot, booping snipers with my landing gear and crashing into telephone poles strafing nerds

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Although I love flying games, I never got the hang of jets in this game.  I don't think I ever got a single kill while flying.  Might have to try again; I haven't played in months.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

I had a lot of fun flying jets in this game because they are nearly unkillable. I spent hours swooping around in my mithril-plated autism chariot, booping snipers with my landing gear and crashing into telephone poles strafing nerds

They actually made the AA defenses effective in BF4, hence now everybody is shouting how OP they are.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
They did, but then they made the scout chopper effectively unkillable so I switched to that  :nervous:

They did, but then they made the scout chopper effectively unkillable so I switched to that  :nervous:

The Scout Chopper always was unkillable, it only took people a while to notice it :P.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I installed it, but wth is with this browser plugging god dammit. I hate these evil methods of surveillance.
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

The Scout Chopper always was unkillable, it only took people a while to notice it :P.

It wasn't a massive terror in BF3, but around BF4 release it was basically a minigun-wielding divinity on maps with a lot of LOS breaks.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I installed it, but wth is with this browser plugging god dammit. I hate these evil methods of surveillance.

Battlelog is actually really good!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

best....phrase....EVER!

It wasn't a massive terror in BF3, but around BF4 release it was basically a minigun-wielding divinity on maps with a lot of LOS breaks.

But miniguns ARE Divine.
Who can dislike Puff the Magic Dragon?

Forget Friendship, a torrent of bullets is magic!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:45:39 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I agree, miniguns rule foreva.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

Look under "Hidden games" in your profile if you don't have it installed.
Actually I can see it in my profile just fine, but it doesn't appear if I run a search in the store, which I found strange.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
They stopped supporting it, IIRC; official servers are down, so they may have stopped selling too.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Oh right, the GameSpy nonsense.  Guess that'd explain it.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
They should've kept it available for free. It's a game from back when BF series were singleplayer-oriented. :) Dunno of SP is any god on that thing, but I'll check it out someday.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
They should've kept it available for free. It's a game from back when BF series were singleplayer-oriented. :) Dunno of SP is any god on that thing, but I'll check it out someday.

No such time ever existed. BF1942, BFV, and BF2 only had 'single player' in that you could play multiplayer levels vs. lots of bots, sometimes in a loosely connected chain. They were always multiplayer-focused shooters without developed campaigns.

The heaviest focus on the single player campaign has been in the more recent installments. They're still not very good, but now they have dedicated single player levels, cinematics, and a lot of scripted content.