Author Topic: My new and(what is most important) ready mission  (Read 5821 times)

Offline mr.WHO

My new and(what is most important) ready mission
"In the line of fire"

and here is a screenshot:

Offline yohoob

C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\mission\ITLOF.fs2

It wouldnt be possiable to make it where the mission could be installed in the main folder like convoy. I cant get the mission folder to create and work. Thats a copy of what the folder says up above. thanks

Offline rynadrk

Originally posted by yohoob
C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\missionS\ITLOF.fs2

There is another 's' on the end to make it the proper folder.

EF One looked great.  But you have to include in your install directions to ether look for or make a missions folder if does not exist!!!

Offline yohoob

C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\missions\ITLOF.fs2

Still coundnt get to work,i cant understand what is wrong

Offline mr.WHO

The thing that I'm currently working on:

yohoob

Only files go into the missions folder, do not have other folders

Offline Fergus

It's rather good, but it was a bit odd at the end with all the Cancer wing waves arriving and I was able to jump out and still get mission accomplished with afew of them left.
Generic signature quote blabber

Offline rynadrk

I noticed that no one was attacking Earth Force One, so basically the Protect EFO mission objective was accomplished by sitting around and doing nothing.  There wasn't even a crossfire.  Also, protect EFO until when?  Until it gets to the station.  Until it launches shuttle?  What.

Offline yohoob

yohoob

Only files go into the missions folder, do not have other folders

Not sure what you are meaning , i thought that is what i did, i extratced the mission file into mission folder

Offline mr.WHO

Oh ****, I realized that I forgot to put return to base directive.

Rynadrk: Real attack at EFO is when Unknown arrive, it launch Patriot wing that is attacking EFO, the royalist wing also attacking ESO (sometimes).

Protect EFO directive- I don't know why it shows this when you complete it, it should be visible the Unknown arrived.
I'll path it, see you soon.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 04:26:56 pm by 1471 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\data\missions\ITLOF.fs2

Still coundnt get to work,i cant understand what is wrong

I seem to remember you having the same problem with the other mission until I VP'd it for you.

I'm a little mystified as to why the VP file I gave you worked when the mission wouldn't.

Run the launcher and go to the features tab. Copy the command line and paste it here for me.

It should start something like C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\fs2_open_r.exe
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline yohoob

C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\fs2_open_r.exe -spec -glow -jpgtga -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -nobeampierce -dualscanlines -ship_choice_3d -targetinfo -orbradar -3dwarp -tbpwarpeffects -snd_preload  -ambient_factor 60

i belive this is it

Offline mr.WHO

OK, uploaded fixed version, but still I don't know why it shows this directive when it shouldn't :(

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
C:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\fs2_open_r.exe -spec -glow -jpgtga -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -nobeampierce -dualscanlines -ship_choice_3d -targetinfo -orbradar -3dwarp -tbpwarpeffects -snd_preload  -ambient_factor 60

i belive this is it

Okay. I'm completely mystified now. I was hoping that this might be due to you having selected a mod or something but the command line shows you haven't done that.

Since making the mission into a VP seemed to work last time maybe we should do that again.

However I'm not going to go around turning every single mission that gets released into VP file for you so you'd better learn how to do it yourself.

How Do I Make A VP?

First you'll need some VP making Software. I personally use Kazan's VP Constructor Suite (VPCS) but once you've grasped the basics you'll probably find that any of the programs avaiable are easy to use. I'm going to assume you're using VPCS for the rest of this guide.

• Open VPCS.
  • Choose Directory>>Add Files A prompt will open up asking you for a directory name.
  • All files in a vp are placed in directories inside the vp. The names of the directories are exactly the same as those in the Freespace2\Data folder. If you're adding a mission file you'll need a directory called missions. If you're adding a model you'll need to put the pofs in a folder called models same as you would in the data folder.
  • Once you've created the folder click on the add files button (It's a yellow plus sign). Browse to the folder containing the files you want to add to the directory you just created. Select them and click open. You'll notice that the files are added to the folder you just created.
  • Repeat the last two steps for any other folders you need to create (effects, music, etc.)
  • Choose File>>Write VP.
  • Give the VP a new name and save it.

You'll only need to create a mission folder and stick mr Who's mission in it. Then stick the VP in your TBP folder. Hopefully that should work.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 03:03:34 pm by 340 »

Keep em coming mr who i like the way u set up ur mission very nice. I hope to see a campaing from u sir in the near future.

Thank You

Offline yohoob

in the line of fire.vp - SFX RAR archive, unpacked size 73,179 bytes
this is what i get afther i write the .vp.
Convoy.rar - RAR archive, unpacked size 77,462 bytes
This is the one you did earlier

I click on the vp file i made, and tell it to open with wrar, after that i click the intf folder and click itlof2.fs2 and extract it to the babylon 5 project folder. it wont show up like convoy did.

After i write the vp file should i save it in a differnt folder, i just save it in a mod folder i created and extract it form there in the babylon 5 folder

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Is the mission file in folder \data\missions in the VP file?
And
Is the VP file in The Babylon Project main folder?

[Edited]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 11:50:07 am by 2137 »
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline yohoob

yes

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
in the line of fire.vp - SFX RAR archive, unpacked size 73,179 bytes
this is what i get afther i write the .vp.
Convoy.rar - RAR archive, unpacked size 77,462 bytes
This is the one you did earlier

I click on the vp file i made, and tell it to open with wrar, after that i click the intf folder and click itlof2.fs2 and extract it to the babylon 5 project folder. it wont show up like convoy did.

After i write the vp file should i save it in a differnt folder, i just save it in a mod folder i created and extract it form there in the babylon 5 folder

You're confusing me a little Yahoob. You shouldn't be using WinRAR at all in the creation of a VP file (Except for extracting Mr Who's mission to the missions folder which you should have already done).

The VP file lives in the main TBP folder like all the other VP files do. Basically you make the vp following the instructions above and stick it there.