Author Topic: Heh, fun little TBP thing to try out...  (Read 2654 times)

Heh, fun little TBP thing to try out...
Have you wanted a battle just like the TV show like me? Well, go into FRED. Make an EA Civil War-ish mission (Only time I'd tested this)

Set all Starfuries/Thunderbolts to high AI and 5 hull integrity. Now, dodge like you've never dodged before! :lol:

Basically, all EA fighter weapons will take you out with one shot, just like what we see on the TV, and I thought it was really fun. Not suitable for any type of campaign though, unless you want to do a 'realism' campaign.

I'd recommend removing venom area effect missiles too, they wipe the floor with the fighters.

I tested it with:

EAS Hyperion1
Alpha, Gamma, Beta, Delta

EAS Hyperion2
2Alpha, 2Gamma, 2Beta, 2Delta.

Alpha and Gamma had Auroras. Beta had Badgers. Delta has Thunderbolts. Four fighters in each wing.

Don't know if anyone has suggested this before, but it's very fun, if you enjoy a challenge. ;)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
a stray shot and you get pwned
I hate My signature!

Yes! Great fun!

Offline -Norbert-

Would be more funny in multiplayer, where you respawn a few times.

You ever tryed that against Nials?

No, not sure how to balance it. As I can only support 40 ships at most. I'm thinking of Starfuries 5%, Nials 10%?

It'd be hella hard though, probably quite fun. If only we could represent a real Battle of the Line... :)

Sharlins would cut the 'real' Starfuries up in no seconds flat, a bloody Olympus can do a good job at carving up starfury wings with these weak fighters... :p

Offline Malderi

Well, with areodynamic physics, yeah it's easy for cap ships to kill fighters, because in order to make a shooting pass on a big ship you have to be pointing towards it constantly.

With Newtonian physics, though, that's not necessarily the case, and you can dodge shots using strafing thrusters while still keeping a good firing solution...

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
One thing I've learned about EA capship guns: they're actually very easy to dodge, because a StarFury is such a small target. You just have to jerk side-to-side or up and down very small amounts. It won't be enough to get you off-target, but the gunners will miss.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Yeah, the Omega class defence guns are real easy to dodge, personally, I think the fire rate should be a bit faster.