Author Topic: Star Trek Online player name and handles  (Read 21828 times)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Re: Star Trek Online player name and handles
Starman01 - michael@starman003   <-- It says you're an "unknown", starman

To be honest, I'm not sure which is the correct name from me  :lol: I had to enter several names. On the cryptic account, on the game account, captains name is also different again, not to mention the time it takes before you find a good name that this system accept, it's quite a bit painful  :p

On the other hand, I'm not that fully active anymore. I played the game excessivly (spell ? ) for about 2 weeks, +12 hours a days (yes, I'm a maniac). But now, I'm at level 50, skilled out, and the game does start to bore me a bit. I guess I will play the campaigns (just have the klingons sofar) and then, I don't know. Also I finally found a new job, and a very good one, so my simple life is over too  :p

I will still play the game from time to time, and when I can be a part-time fleet member, that would be great. But if it turns out into "you have to be there, and you MUST use team speak etc", sorry, not really my game. Also, I'm not a friend of PVP. And as soon as Mechwarrior online starts, I'm certainly NOT playing Startrek anymore  :p

So, if you still want, I can try to figure out my correct name.
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Falcon

*delurks*

@Doomfrost - Two Federation characters and one KDF. Already in a fleet though, but could always use more friends. :)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Soronarr@Soronarr
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Does everyone have to be online at that time to make a fleet??! Arent there invites or something?

6 players need to be online simultaneously, and presumably all at the correct area on ESD in order to create a fleet. After that, you can invite remotely (probably), everyone who will be in the fleet doesn't need to be present at the time of creation.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Does the fleet disband if the players leave?

I'd like to join the HLP fleet!

Does the fleet disband if the players leave?

I'd like to join the HLP fleet!

I don't believe it would disband on itself like that. And we almost had enough people online yesterday to make that fleet, but ended up just shy of six characters available and willing. LunarNightmare seems to be on pretty frequently, so he seems like the most likely one to head up the fleet. If anybody notices six characters on your friends list, go ahead and take care of it.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Well, I did add all of you to my friends list...except strobe...sez unknown user whenever I try..so the data on the first page must be incorrect.
So when htere's 6 of us...

Hur..maybe the HLP SOT community player base isn't big enough... If we can't even get 6 ppl together.
I could try to rustle some dependable people from Kerberos forums. Modders & sci-fi loversunite!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Trash: my first guess at what my @name was turned out incorrect.  It's actually @strobe212.  Mah bad.

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft
Well, I did add all of you to my friends list...except strobe...sez unknown user whenever I try..so the data on the first page must be incorrect.
So when htere's 6 of us...

Hur..maybe the HLP SOT community player base isn't big enough... If we can't even get 6 ppl together.
I could try to rustle some dependable people from Kerberos forums. Modders & sci-fi loversunite!

We really only need 5 (including myself), because if needed, I can always whip out my useless original account to get that 6th person.

LunarNightmare seems to be on pretty frequently, so he seems like the most likely one to head up the fleet.

:eek2:

Offline crizza

Agreed, he seems to be coming online very often when I play my several hours STO marathon per day^^

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft
Agreed, he seems to be coming online very often when I play my several hours STO marathon per day^^

Et tu Crizza? That was horrible. :lol:

Offline crizza

Et tu Crizza? That was horrible. :lol:
Yeah, we are both online very often at the same time, but we never played together^^

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
ShadowWolf@shadowwolfahlp
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft
I don't understand why we haven't, i'm always willing to get on my Admiral and blast things away, just let me know if you want to.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
So...tips and tricks from you pros?

Best way to get XP?
Best way to get Dilithium?
Best ways to get loot?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
XP: I find myself ranking up more quickly than I can get all the gear I want for my current tier, so if you've got a way to *slow down* I'm all ears.

Dilithium: Duty officer missions, followed by daily lore missions, followed by daily exploration missions, and other dailies that give it to you.

Loot: Either a decent story mission or a fleet action give the best for that, I've found.  Recently replayed Operation Gamma and Boldly They Rode from the new episode like eight or ten times to get all the gear I want.  Mostly Polaron beams.  I've done that ****ing spacewalk five times now, and it doesn't get any shorter.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
XP: I find myself ranking up more quickly than I can get all the gear I want for my current tier,

How.... *sniff*
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft
Best way to get XP?

The Klingon Arc missions, and the other stories that follow it. They tend to go the fastest, and they give decent XP.

Best way to get Dilithium?

Ker'rat Warzone, i'll be able to explain it better in-game. :)

Best ways to get loot?

Ker'rat Warzone or the the missions that Scotty mentioned.

Edited for annoying typos.

Offline crizza

I noticed that the simple "patrol system XY" give you a decent XP boost.
For Dilithium, I would suggest the Warzones, you battle some borgs three time and get 1k dilithium and if you were useful, you get some decent loot.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
System patrols rank you up quickish. Better than that is the Fed Mirror Events that are staged once a day, though, because you can do them over and over. (Though sub l20 you get a lot of scrub groups who can't figure them out.)

Dilithium is available through dailies, STFs, Warzones, and did we mention warzones?

Loot is ultimately ridiculously hit or miss no matter what you do, there's just too much variety that could drop, and if you want to outfit your ship with a unitary battery and modules that fit your rank and weren't stuffed in to fill a slot, prepare to explore your ass off and craft stuff to do so.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story