Archived Boards > Blackwater Operations

One Question

<< < (4/4)

IceFire:
Yeah the shiny thing is a real bother for me.  I'm now on Cat 4.10's and its been a while since I've seen a shiney...

You'll need FSOpen as indicated.  On a system such as yours with a R9800pro, the only thing slowing it down in terms of FSOpen is just optimization.  There's lots of things that are options that can easily kill any video card in terms of performance.

I run mine fairly minimally.  It looks better than retail FS but its also faster thanks to HT&L.  Depends on options...most game companies make it painfully simple so you have few options in terms of graphics and performance.  FS Open, being Open source, gives you all options...even ones that may hurt performance.  Spend a bit of time.

Akalabeth Angel:
Here's what I mean about the cross-hairs being in the wrong place. It's not actually the crosshairs, but the lead indicator:

BTW, how do you get the FPS showing in the top right corner? If I could get that I'd tell you how abysmal the actual game play is. When I destroy an Anubis, the music and the game stutters for a second or two. When I blow up an Aten, Crashoola!

Goober5000:
What the crap... did you post this in the SCP forum?  Or on Mantis?  Are you using the most recent build?

Use -fps to display frame rate.

Akalabeth Angel:
I'm using built 3_6 or whatever. I think I mentioned it to the SCP forum, and I think someone said it was an old bug, though they may not have understood what I was talking about as I didn't provide a screen cap.

Hellraiser:

--- Quote ---Originally posted by IceFire
Yeah the shiny thing is a real bother for me.  I'm now on Cat 4.10's and its been a while since I've seen a shiney...

You'll need FSOpen as indicated.  On a system such as yours with a R9800pro, the only thing slowing it down in terms of FSOpen is just optimization.  There's lots of things that are options that can easily kill any video card in terms of performance.

I run mine fairly minimally.  It looks better than retail FS but its also faster thanks to HT&L.  Depends on options...most game companies make it painfully simple so you have few options in terms of graphics and performance.  FS Open, being Open source, gives you all options...even ones that may hurt performance.  Spend a bit of time.
--- End quote ---

Well, i am on the edge of going back to 4.3 just to see the shiny stuff. lol

But then, i won't be able to play any other games, i really wish ATI would get their sodding act together and fix it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version