Author Topic: Dvorak layout not recognized  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Dvorak layout not recognized
I just key-swapped the keys on my Logitech G15 to the Dvorak layout so I could re-learn it. (I'm also using it at work)

However, FS2 and SCP don't seem to care or recognize the swap. To do CTRL+SHIFT+S means I now press O.

I can remap all the definable keys, but the Built in special function keys seem to read the direct ANSI hardware signal, (not at all unusual for games from this era) rather than what it is actually mapped as being.

At some point I'll be re-flashing the G15 to be both hardwired as well as key mapped for Dvorak. In the meantime, is there anything  that can be done with SCP regading ignoring OS level control definitions?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: Dvorak layout not recognized
FS2 has a bad fixed-location setup hardcoded, so there is no way around it without completely rewriting the keyboard code.  The entire thing is based on a QWERTY layout, English, and all additional language support is just through a series of hacks to get around that.

3.7 should move entirely to SDL for input handling on all platforms, and that will see the needed code rewrite be done.  Only then will the problem really be fixed.