Author Topic: Blinn-Phong shading in FSO?  (Read 5213 times)

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
Re: Blinn-Phong shading in FSO?
This entire conversation is irrelevant.

Taylor's Xt builds use custom pixel and vertex shaders. That means that none of those methods are used. It doesn't matter what FS2's default shading technique is, because we aren't freaking using it.

Thank you.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Then how the hell did you get that kind of quality in the screenshot? Or is that a doctored picture? :P
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Then how the hell did you get that kind of quality in the screenshot? Or is that a doctored picture? :P
Umm...thats the latest builds with bump mapping.  Still a work in progress.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
And how did he model it  :wtf:?

probably useing mathematical primitives, the older CG software was more oriented around that than polygons. so you'd have a sphere + a box - a come, **** like that, it required a lot less memory and that was the bottle neck back then. if you doubt the competency of 1970s CG watch Tron, the fx for that WAS done on graphics software of the day. it was the bleeding crying edge of it, but it was done on a computer.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together