Archived Boards > The Unification War

Possible balance bugs

(1/3) > >>

Infamus:
Ok, I two problems I want to cover:

one: countermeasures
-some ships have 25 cm's some have two or three and the rest have none. serious balance issue.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two: collision insta-gibs
-when flying the Kestrel, Falcon, or Shrike, bumping into anything kills you... instantly. this is extremely annoying and this happens with no other ship. Both Mustang variants and the Atlas are unaffected. even going at 20 mps it still kills me. This happens on "Illumination" from Chapter 1 Act 3 only, as far as I know. I did not test any other mission fully.

Does this have something to do with the enemy ships?

Goober5000:
Neither of these are "massive table errors".  I've modified your thread title.

--- Quote from: Infamus on October 23, 2010, 10:25:23 pm ----some ships have 25 cm's some have two or three and the rest have none. serious balance issue.
--- End quote ---
It is by design that certain ships have only 2-3 countermeasures.  The ones that have 25 are probably mistakes.

--- Quote ---two: collision insta-gibs
-when flying the Kestrel, Falcon, or Shrike, bumping into anything kills you... instantly. this is extremely annoying and this happens with no other ship. Both Mustang variants and the Atlas are unaffected. even going at 20 mps it still kills me. This happens on "Illumination" from Chapter 1 Act 3 only, as far as I know. I did not test any other mission fully.
--- End quote ---
Avoid the ship and you won't get hit, pilot.

Alternatively, it would help if you were able to test a few other missions.

T-Man:
The ship with 25 cms is the Kestrel. I was under the impression it had them because it handles worse than a brick (so badly in fact that i dont fly it).

Droid803:

--- Quote from: Goober5000 on October 24, 2010, 02:05:19 am ---Avoid the ship and you won't get hit, pilot.

--- End quote ---

I have a hard time convincing the AI to do that.
I don't know about you, but the AI loves running into things, and running into me.

Infamus:
for my first problem. whatever

for my second, i just got all mustang alphas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version