Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 5651 times)

Offline crizza

So after playing the Demo a few things come to mind.
Will the Arcadia be the only Station able to actually build the capital ship or do you add other stations as well, given time.

About the resources: What about adding the logistic ships, so the collectors can dump their REs there, would be sweet if the Anemoi could repair ships.

Have you planed something like missile lifetime? Playing deathmatch and some missile are flying over the whole map, when my ships retreated.

But still: Great work Mat :)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Will the Arcadia be the only Station able to actually build the capital ship or do you add other stations as well, given time.
Other stations will come. The Tevs have the Ganymede, the UEF has two more stations, I can always make stuff from Polaris pieces or Black Wolf's kit. There is also, of course, the UEF Faslane shipyards, the ones that built the first Orions and the Solarises.

About the resources: What about adding the logistic ships, so the collectors can dump their REs there, would be sweet if the Anemoi could repair ships.
Logistic ships will have a field repair, mobile construction and AoE buff effects. Gas miners will most likely be able to dock with em. But since deathmatch hasn't really been my focus, I haven't been working much on resources mechanics.

Have you planed something like missile lifetime? Playing deathmatch and some missile are flying over the whole map, when my ships retreated.
Hum, missiles already have a lifetime, the same as in BP. However, we're talking of range from 36 to 72 seconds here, which means that, since IIRC the deathmatch map is pretty small, you can probably snipe the enemy base from your own base with Narayanas.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:24:55 pm by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

How difficult is it to change the way that the HW2 engine treats the hyperspace ability (for example, cooldowns or changing inaccessible areas to emulate jamming)? Unlimited jump capability greatly favors GTVA shock jump tactics.
will there be a jad gauntlet wave

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
A lot of stuff about HS is hardcoded. I could probably emulate some stuff like recharge time through scripting if I knew how to script. Right now subspace jumps are free for testing purposes, but I plan to use costs for balancing purposes.

Of course there will be.

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Offline crizza

Is it possible to rework the behavior of the Diomedes? It fights just like a higaarian destroyer, presenting it's broadside to the enemy. While this is not that bad, wouldn't it be better if the AI could try to bring it's 4 beams to bear on a single target, cause it is quite anoying to jump the Dio so that it could use every beam, but the ship just turns...

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I didn't manage to force rotations along the Z axis in the attack styles. Granted I haven't tried very hard either.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
One little thought that came to mind for when/if you want to put the Stealth fighters in. Assuming you can have invisible subsystems in HW2, had in mind you could give them a 'hidden' cloak generator system (code for which you might be able to grab from the vanilla HW2 module) modified to be always on and with infinite power. Then for the AWACS detection of stealth all you'd need to do in theory is transplant the detection ability from the proximity sensor and adapt the range appropriately.

All that is just theory as i'm no coder (and think vanilla cloak locks the ship's weapons too, so might be a prob) but if it does work then means relatively simple additions for when you want the stealth.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
It's already perfectly possible to put stealth on a ship without any subsystem. Actually, every single subsystem ability can be put directly on a ship. You'll still have to manually turn cloak on after you buy the ship though, but once it's on I can give it enough energy that it remains on forever.

AWACS will naturally be able to detect stealth ships at a certain range. I can even toy with each ship's sensor strength so that some ships will have more chances to detect cloaked ships, like the Sath having a AWACS flag in FS.

Cloaked ships become visible when they attack, and cloacked again a few seconds after, that behavior I think is perfectly fine here.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
It's already perfectly possible to put stealth on a ship without any subsystem. Actually, every single subsystem ability can be put directly on a ship. You'll still have to manually turn cloak on after you buy the ship though, but once it's on I can give it enough energy that it remains on forever.

AWACS will naturally be able to detect stealth ships at a certain range. I can even toy with each ship's sensor strength so that some ships will have more chances to detect cloaked ships, like the Sath having a AWACS flag in FS.

Cloaked ships become visible when they attack, and cloacked again a few seconds after, that behavior I think is perfectly fine here.

Oh awesome. Sounds like you've got a much better system there :) (I sort of like the idea of having to switch it on; can imagine someone wanting to use the "now you see me..." line :D).
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline crizza

apart from the infinite energy while cloaked it's the way stealth works in Homeworld2 :)