Archived Boards > Mjn.Mixael's Render Boutique

Mjn-Array: The #1 Place For Pretty Renders!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Crybertrance:

--- Quote from: MatthTheGeek on October 26, 2012, 02:17:50 am ---That's quite... vague. And we already got a fair few on CelebFS since the screencam script was implemented ;)

--- End quote ---

OOh, didnt see that! will check it out asap!

Rodo:
I'll second the Vasudan Pride shot request.
And right after that it would be swell to see a Shivan Terror shot as well, it's a shame we don't have shivan destroyers htl'd yet  :(

Luis Dias:
What's the software, MJN?

I usually make architectural renders with ArtLantis which is !$"# FAST. Very complex renders with million polygons under 5 mins, sometimes 2 minutes (we are talking 3000x2100 images).

mjn.mixael:
This isn't about render time only. If it were that, this thing does these images in seconds because it generates the images in nearly real-time. (Called Element 3D) This allows me to work with full 3D meshes with complete material control right in After Effects. So, where previously I needed to render models in a 3D app and port them over to Photoshop or After Effects for post processing and pretties (because, let's face it, 3D apps are cumbersome and take a lot of work to make a complete beautiful image), this allows me to do it all in AE. Dynamic lighting, camera aware, material control, post processing, etc.

Now, this won't be good for big complicated dogfighting scenes, but for images and motion graphics type stuff  (like the ship select stuff) I could have done with this in minutes. In fact, I'll probably port my ship select template over to using this so I can bypass 3ds Max alltogether.

Luis Dias:
Yeah that's awesome!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version