Archived Boards > Blackwater Operations

BWO in 2017

<< < (4/8) > >>

CT27:

--- Quote from: BlackDove on March 24, 2017, 03:33:49 pm ---Releasing it would not be much of an issue, it's just what comes after that is. We will see if there's anything to be done with the campaign soon.

--- End quote ---

(Since this thread was bumped...)

What exactly does this statement mean?  "...what comes after that is [the issue]".  If the new demo is released does that mean people would feel pressure to continue on with the main campaign afterwards?

Nightmare:
Most likely. I can't think of a different reason to keep things that are considered done unreleased.

Raven2001:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on April 05, 2018, 07:27:29 am ---and Raven apparently wanted to sell the models he made (results unknown).

--- End quote ---

What?!? I never intended to sell the models I made. Where did you get that from?
At some point there was a quick talk in internal regarding selling *3d prints* of models, in order to fund further work on BWO. But since not everyone was on board with the idea, we didn't get past the "hey here's an idea" phase.

--- Quote from: CT27 on April 14, 2018, 12:45:22 am ---If the new demo is released does that mean people would feel pressure to continue on with the main campaign afterwards?

--- End quote ---

I've been away from modding (and will have to for a while longer) mainly because of my health situation, and we'll leave the conversation about why I've been silent at that. Can be? :)
Having said that, iirc Spoon didn't finish remastering the demo before he left. I could be wrong, since I was already quite inactive when he did. But if he did finish the demo remastering, I don't think there would be a problem in releasing it.

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: Nyctaeus on February 08, 2018, 11:38:18 am ---Raven is a master and actually the one who influenced my modelling style the most. And believe me, there are a lot of cool things in BWO. As far as I know, Raven wanted to sell this stuff somewhere, but I'm not sure what really happened to those models. If you want, go ahead and try to ask.

--- End quote ---

There was a discussion regarding the status of BWO in the same thread, in which Nyctaeus (former team member) stated that BWO is dead (as above) and that the assets are going to remain unreleased forever, which was really sad to me because the Minerva the coolest fighter concept I've ever seen (and I have no idea about the rest you haven't shown off).

Nyctaeus:

--- Quote from: Nightmare on April 16, 2018, 05:33:55 am ---
--- Quote from: Nyctaeus on February 08, 2018, 11:38:18 am ---Raven is a master and actually the one who influenced my modelling style the most. And believe me, there are a lot of cool things in BWO. As far as I know, Raven wanted to sell this stuff somewhere, but I'm not sure what really happened to those models. If you want, go ahead and try to ask.

--- End quote ---

There was a discussion regarding the status of BWO in the same thread, in which Nyctaeus (former team member) stated that BWO is dead (as above) and that the assets are going to remain unreleased forever, which was really sad to me because the Minerva the coolest fighter concept I've ever seen (and I have no idea about the rest you haven't shown off).

--- End quote ---
...which I also heard from other people. I don't remember exactly who said it first. I guess it was someone from old team. Later I dug out some discussion about being "heartless merc" that looks like confirmation, but this stuff is internal BWO case. If this statement is wrong, that's a good news :).

--- Quote from: Raven2001 on April 16, 2018, 05:15:09 am ---Having said that, iirc Spoon didn't finish remastering the demo before he left. I could be wrong, since I was already quite inactive when he did. But if he did finish the demo remastering, I don't think there would be a problem in releasing it.
--- End quote ---
I even found it after someone mentioned it recently. Every mission is crashing for unknown reasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version