Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The FRED Workshop

Incredibly Basic Questions

<< < (2/7) > >>

wookieejedi:
Happy to help! FYI FRED will show you an error message about a wing if it has more then four members, but this message can be safely ignored. The game will run just fine :) Let me know how it works out!

Nightmare:
You can name the ships individualy to make it look like they're a normal wing. Fred won't bite you if you name them Iota 1, 2 and 4 as long as you don't name a wing Iota using the toolbar

soilder198:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on March 18, 2018, 06:45:00 pm ---Happy to help! FYI FRED will show you an error message about a wing if it has more then four members, but this message can be safely ignored. The game will run just fine :) Let me know how it works out!

--- End quote ---
Mind if I ask you a few more questions :D?

How do I have an event occur when a ship reaches a certain health percentage? Right now I am using the hits-left sexp, and I want to send a message once the specified ship reaches 15% hull integrity, but it doesn't seem to be working out.

Also, how do I make my mission objectives fail? For example, I want my mission to be considered a failure if a certain ship dies. When this ship dies, I want the Primary Objective Failed message to appear on screen.

wookieejedi:

--- Quote from: soilder198 on March 18, 2018, 09:02:35 pm ---
--- Quote from: wookieejedi on March 18, 2018, 06:45:00 pm ---Happy to help! FYI FRED will show you an error message about a wing if it has more then four members, but this message can be safely ignored. The game will run just fine :) Let me know how it works out!

--- End quote ---

How do I have an event occur when a ship reaches a certain health percentage? Right now I am using the hits-left sexp, and I want to send a message once the specified ship reaches 15% hull integrity, but it doesn't seem to be working out.

Also, how do I make my mission objectives fail? For example, I want my mission to be considered a failure if a certain ship dies. When this ship dies, I want the Primary Objective Failed message to appear on screen.

--- End quote ---

Sure :)

I think using a logical operator like less then and the ship's hit-points should work. See the attachment.

So are you using the mission objectives editor? If so you can try the second image. The second part of the and statement needs to be false until you want the objective to stop checking.

Let me know if these don't make sense, I can try and clarify things and the structure :)

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

soilder198:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on March 18, 2018, 09:10:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: soilder198 on March 18, 2018, 09:02:35 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Sure :)

I think using a logical operator like less then and the ship's hit-points should work. See the attachment.

So are you using the mission objectives editor? If so you can try the second image. The second part of the and statement needs to be false until you want the objective to stop checking.

Let me know if these don't make sense, I can try and clarify things and the structure :)

--- End quote ---

Mine comes up with two numbers, and I couldn't figure out how to insert Alpha 1. Edit: And I know that it is currently set to do-nothing, I was toying around trying to get mine like yours.

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version