Author Topic: IDF: 10 year old girl is valid target  (Read 56143 times)

Offline Zarax

Originally posted by Flipside
So, the catalyst for WWII was a country trying to change history using media and blaming it's own internal problems on minorities...... :nervous:

... with the help of the church which was quite happy of having a competitor removed...
The Best is Yet to Come

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
[q]YOU did absolutely nothing. YOU weren't even a plan when WW2 raged. YOU have nothing to complain about. Got it?
[/q]

And you aren't Israeli but you'd still complain about the Palestinians.

Oh, and I don't care whether you think I've got anything to complain about: my relatives fought and died for your freedom and very survival, so ****ing shut up.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Originally posted by Zarax

... with the help of the church which was quite happy of having a competitor removed...

Indeed, the religious aspect played a very large role in Germany's belief that the UK would unite with and support them in any action they undertook. It was by playing upon conservatism in the Church that they managed to gain control of Flocks, the first Hitler Youths were indoctrinated through Sunday schools iirc...

Oh, and my Grandad, GRHS, fought in France, in fact, he was one of a very small number of people to see a V2 taking off. Just wish he'd chosen (or been allowed) to tell us how he managed to get into such a position.

What needs to be remembered about World War 2 is that, while sons were away fighting, not only did their families not know if they were alive, but they didn't know if their families were alive. It was a truly vicious and terrible war, whatever the reasons that it were fought for. Most of Europe has not endured that kind of war in a long long time, except Pearl Harbor and 9/11 most of America has never had to deal with that kind of situation.

Many people in Palestine, Israel, the Ukraine etc, live with those realities every single day of their lives.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 01:19:18 pm by 394 »

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by vyper
I never realized how much of a kick in the teeth we got after stopping Hitler from wiping you all out.

Thanks. I love you too.

Originally posted by vyper
Oh, and I don't care whether you think I've got anything to complain about: my relatives fought and died for your freedom and very survival, so ****ing shut up.

This, however, stops here and now. General bad-mouthing a people-group is one thing, but I will NOT tolerate personal insults of this nature against anyone, for any reason.

We're here for a COMPUTER GAME first and foremost, FFS, and the fact that we allow these threads is nothing but grace. Learn to debate in a civilised manner or you won't be allowed to debate at all.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath

http://ancapistan.typepad.com/photos/navy_seals_torturing_iraq/navyseal1.html

Gotta love that liberation, eh?

note: these photos are not new new, since evidence suggests they are from May 2003, but rather new in the sense that they haven't been publicly available before.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
There not nearly as bad as Abu Ghraib. Funny how they came from an extremist website though.

Stepping on prisoners or sitting on them doesn't seem too outrageous.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The guy who's been obviously punched in the nose and has blood pouring down his front probably thinks otherwise :nervous:

Offline Ford Prefect

• 8D
  • Intelligent Dasein
Stepping on prisoners or sitting on them doesn't seem too outrageous.

Ehhhh.... :wtf:
"Mais est-ce qu'il ne vient jamais à l'idée de ces gens-là que je peux être 'artificiel' par nature?"  --Maurice Ravel

Offline Rictor

...you do notice the bloody head, right?

And in what way is the website extremists?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Thing is, torture isn't just physical, it includes humiliation and mental extremes as well. Anything that breaks those rules, such as shown above, is torture.

Are we sure no-ones hacked Deepblues account and is trying to start another flame? That happened in one of these threads yesterday.....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 05:24:25 pm by 394 »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
'Battle for Hearts and Minds'

The removal of them, presumably.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Indeed, they keep them both in jars.....

Offline Bri_Dog

Blah, I don't even care anymore.
Sig

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I said the original source was an extremist website. This is still pretty bad though. But seriously, I have a bloody nose worse then that every couple of weeks (I have a artery/vein very close to the surface and during cold weather the passage dries up, then I sneeze and blood starts pouring. whee).

0% Sympathy for Terrorists...

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Yes, if he is one of those. Thats where the question is really. The original source (extremist website) blacked out all the (non-US forces) faces so we really don't have any way of telling.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
These aren't neccesarily Terrorists, they are combatants. And I couldn't wish that treatment on anyone even if I am fully aware it happens everywhere.

It would be sheer vindictiveness to wish pain or suffering on them, my main concern shouldn't be making them 'pay' but making them 'stop' :)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Originally posted by Flipside
These aren't neccesarily Terrorists, they are combatants. And I couldn't wish that treatment on anyone even if I am fully aware it happens everywhere.

It would be sheer vindictiveness to wish pain or suffering on them, my main concern shouldn't be making them 'pay' but making them 'stop' :)

You don't know that though, thats the point. And in this case, combatants = terrorists. (blowing up police stations, etc.)

Offline Rictor

uh, this is not taing place in a prison. Look at the photos, they were taken during what appears to be a house search. Even in Abu Graib, by the US military's own admition, up to 90% of the inmates were innocent. These guys aren't even in prison, they're just random people it would seem. Unless of course you consider 25 million people to all be terrorists, which is evidently what certain people are doing.

also, that doesn't look like a bloody nose to me. There's blood coming down the shoulder, and one of of the photos behind the head on the wall.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Dude, thats what a bloody nose looks like when you let it run. I know. The thing is thier isn't enough evidence to really base ideas on. For all we know he could have had a weapons cache in his house. (besides if it isn't a bloody nose, what the hell is it? We can see his shoulders clearly and theres nothing there)