Author Topic: IDF: 10 year old girl is valid target  (Read 56133 times)

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, let's face it, considering suicide bombs are the order of the day in Iraq, most of the people guilty of blowing up Police Stations aren't hard to find, at least, if you know their DNA.....

And even if he were what is defined as a Terrorist or Insurgent or whatever, I am not there to play out my own little revenge on them. I don't give a damn if Bin Laden dies a slow painful death, or lives to 110, as long as he stops threatening those I love.

Until this is stopped being seen as some kind of 'vengeance' nothing will be achieved, it's as simple as that.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Originally posted by .::Tin Can::.
0% Sympathy for Terrorists...

Even if they are terrorists, that sort of statement only makes you look as bad as them.  i.e. completely lacking in morality.  You have to maintain a sense of morality, of law, or you edge ever closer to becoming the same as them.

NB:If you look at one of the other pictures, there's a big piece of blood spatter on the fridge.  Now, my forensics experience is limited to an elective course, but it looks apparent to me like that guys head was smashed against the fridge.

EDIT; anyways, it'd be an odd coincidence if an Iraqi just happened to have a nosebleed when he came across a bunch of Seals with a camera, wouldn't it?

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I was suggesting that he may have been punched in the nose. (BTW if his head had been hit against the fridge it wouldnt have much blood on the fridge itself, the blood would stick to the hair. and there would not be nearly enough force to cause his head to bleed like that unless he has REALLY weak skin on the back of his head)

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Anyhoo its pretty much a moot point since these are so old. If they were more recent (aka post Abu Ghraib) then it would be much more important and something to be extremely concerned about.

Originally posted by aldo_14

Even if they are terrorists, that sort of statement only makes you look as bad as them.  i.e. completely lacking in morality.  You have to maintain a sense of morality, of law, or you edge ever closer to becoming the same as them.

They wouldn't have been any slower in doing that to us. Matter of fact, this is a blessing considering that we dont cut off their heads. What they do is 10 times worse than what we do to them.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

They wouldn't have been any slower in doing that to us. Matter of fact, this is a blessing considering that we dont cut off their heads. What they do is 10 times worse than what we do to them.

And with that sort of attitude you become them.... they kidnap and kill, you torture prisoners at Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib.  They murder & mutilate contractors in Falluja, you besiege the place.  They crash 3 planes into the Pentagon and Twin Towers, you start a war with Iraq leading to anywhere between 10 and 100 thousand civillian deaths.

Such is the slippery slope of morality.

Originally posted by Deepblue
I was suggesting that he may have been punched in the nose. (BTW if his head had been hit against the fridge it wouldnt have much blood on the fridge itself, the blood would stick to the hair. and there would not be nearly enough force to cause his head to bleed like that unless he has REALLY weak skin on the back of his head)

He would have had the front of his head smacked against it; the blood vessels there are very prone to burst.  Just look at footballers injured heading the ball, for example - minimal contact, heavy bleeding, no blood on hair.

They murder & mutilate contractors in Falluja, you besiege the place. They crash 3 planes into the Pentagon and Twin Towers, you start a war with Iraq leading to anywhere between 10 and 100 thousand civillian deaths.

And that relates to the picture, how?

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

And that relates to the picture, how?

It relates to your 'we're better than them, we can do this' type statement.

I would have thought that was obvious - the chain of action & reaction where neither side is acting in a humanitarian or humane way.

What I said was that this is a spanking compared to the way they treat their prisoners.

Be grateful the terrorists are still alive.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
It doesn't matter, they represent the American Army, and, more importantly, the United States of America. When they are shown performing acts like this, then all of a sudden it no longer becomes relevant whether the victim is a Terrorist or not, because the US shouldn't do stuff like that, I'd like to think they are better and more mature than that.

Saying you may torture and humiliate prisoners, but at least you don't cut their heads off is a rather questionable justification.

I didn't say that we are permitted to do it, but now that it's been done then I just compare the two incidents of cutting off heads to this, and so far I'd rather get beat up than have my head sliced off while I'm still alive. Didn't see you guys shedding any tears for people, civilians too, getting their necks sliced. It seems that terrorists getting beat up is bigger news.

Gee, I wonder why? :doubt:

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I didn't say that we are permitted to do it, but now that it's been done then I just compare the two incidents of cutting off heads to this, and so far I'd rather get beat up than have my head sliced off while I'm still alive. Didn't see you guys shedding any tears for people, civilians too, getting their necks sliced. It seems that terrorists getting beat up is bigger news.

Gee, I wonder why? :doubt:

Maybe because we expect coalition troops to respect the law & the declaration human rights?

Or maybe because everyone is always looking for things America screws up on, and then throws it back in our face. I swear, I've seen more "problems with America" topics than for any other country.

Offline Gank

Originally posted by Deepblue
I said the original source was an extremist website.

:wtf: http://www.casperstartribune.net/articles/2004/12/05/news/national/1b9193edfb87b84887256f60000aec4a.txt
Associated Press is extremist now? Or is it the online photo album they found them on? Some of you Yanks are starting to lose your grip on reality with all this terrorist bs. See whats happening:
http://www.sundayherald.com/46389
http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20041203-053525-8262r.htm

Maybe if yis stopped kicking in Iraqi nobodys heads and actually went out and caught some real terrorists your war on terror might get some support.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 06:26:55 pm by 723 »

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Or maybe because everyone is always looking for things America screws up on, and then throws it back in our face. I swear, I've seen more "problems with America" topics than for any other country.

Because America is the most powerful country in the world, its mistakes have the greatest impact upon the rest of the world.  And the US is making a hell of a lot of mistakes at the moment; as the rest of the world would surely tell you.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
You're the most important country in the world, of course you are a focus of attention, and when something like this happens, people are going to sit up and pay attention. To see a country that could, any time it so wished, launch a successful offensive against just about any other country in the world, behave in such a manner is frightening.
It is pointed out to you because we want you to be aware of not, not because we hate the US but because we want you to know what your own country is supplying as an advertisement for itself, and for it's citizens.

It's not always easy to accept criticism, I'm lucky, the UK criticises itself on a daily basis, it's a National hobby, but, sometimes it helps to take a step back and think of things from the other guys point of view ;)

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
You are free to do so with any other country... I've seen people here complaining about the politics of their countries also. But the US finds ways to be heard louder than the rest... shouting loud and clear that they were going on a war against "terrorism" and all...
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Originally posted by Flipside
You're the most important country in the world, of course you are a focus of attention, and when something like this happens, people are going to sit up and pay attention. To see a country that could, any time it so wished, launch a successful offensive against just about any other country in the world, behave in such a manner is frightening.
It is pointed out to you because we want you to be aware of not, not because we hate the US but because we want you to know what your own country is supplying as an advertisement for itself, and for it's citizens.

It's not always easy to accept criticism, I'm lucky, the UK criticises itself on a daily basis, it's a National hobby, but, sometimes it helps to take a step back and think of things from the other guys point of view ;)

So you're indicating we dont already know? Most people on the HLP find out this stuff long before it's posted. I've known we beat the **** out of prisoners and make pictures of our troops giving the thumbs up. Woo hoo! What else is new?

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Then yu haven't taken a step back and considered that we didn't.... you see how it works ;)

And growing numb to it or closing your eyes to it because you've seen it before, won't make it go away.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control

So you're indicating we dont already know? Most people on the HLP find out this stuff long before it's posted. I've known we beat the **** out of prisoners and make pictures of our troops giving the thumbs up. Woo hoo! What else is new?

So we should ignore it because we already know it?  

We know terrorists blow up themselves and innocent people, and insurgents kidnap and murder innocent civillians - should we ignore that the next time it happens?