Author Topic: Rival russian online guilds have real life brawl  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Rival russian online guilds have real life brawl
http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26166073&sid=6184901&action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;3

Massively multiplayer online gamers have developed an unsavory reputation in the eyes of many over the years due to their fanatical devotion and often rabid fan base. That untoward perception was enhanced this week, when Russia Today reported a Moscow man was murdered after a real-life confrontation between two rival Lineage II guilds went sour.

Wow....
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Davros

Re: Rival russian online guilds have real life brawl

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I can imagine this happening in Squadwar if some of the guys on there had ever met in real life. :D

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
:nervous:

I always said it, MMORPGs are baaaaad when you can't handle them.
Me, personally, I dont know why everybody is getting SO addicted to WoW. playing WoW is sooo... boring. Yea.
Boring as HELL.
And this ain't no ****. But don't quote me for that one. - Mika

I shall rrreach worrrld domination!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I agree.. MMO's are generally dull as hell.

A few multiplayer games are fun, like UT, CS, Allegiance..but those MMOCRPG's have as much depth as a flat piece of paper.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 01:32:26 pm by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Interesting. I guess I better start barricading my windows and doors. :nervous:

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
FF XI is ok but it costs MONEY!! and by that i mean 13$ a month.  :hopping:

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
True, MMOs are boring as hell but knowing that means that there might another reason for this happening other than the game. *gasp!!!!*

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Like mass stupidity? :nervous:

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The Clan that did the killing was called the 'Coo Clocks Clan', I think they had issues long before they started on Lineage ;)

Wow....

No ... Lineage II

I heard some guy in japan starved to death while playing lineage II...
Fat people are harder to kidnap :ha:

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
IIRC, that was Korea...but Koreans starve themselves to death while playing games on a regular basis.

IIRC, that was Korea...but Koreans starve themselves to death while playing games on a regular basis.

A point of pedantry, but one can't starve oneself to death on a regular basis. It's a bit of a one-time event.

I never really have gotten into MMOs, especially WoW. Paying $15 bucks a month to play a game is like buying the same game over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Very annoyingkinda like some of my posts... I try to buy games with high re-playability, and mods/editors/open-source-code help. I still play Oblivion (haven't finished the main campaign due to my antiquated graphics card ) because of the user-created mods such as The Lost Spires and Midas Magic Spells of Aurum. I still play Halo (yes, partly because I'm a fanboi of that game) because of user-created maps such as Yoyorast Island, Coldsnap, and Hugeass. Also, if a game's got a good storyline, dynamic characters, memorable quotes, etc. I like to replay it. A lot. But quests in MMOs, as far as I can tell, are the same "find this," "hunt that," "retrieve this from big evil monster," or "eliminate big evil monster." How the Koreans, Japanese, Orientals, and the other fanboi races play those repetitive quests repetitively past the point of starvation is quite beyond me.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Haha, that's pretty funny.

I typically play MMOs (not MMORPGs) for the PvP. This generally reduces the game to a multiplayer match but then again, you will always be able to play against someone.
This sig is equal to -i.

Free Vasudans! Clicky here!!

Care to kill a flame war™?

"Is it just me or are the squirrels getting more and more waterlogged?" - Tyr

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" -Me
"Are you trying to exorcise my Rubik's cube?" -Tyrian

"Life's an adventure*plunge*" -Tyrian
"You call plunging a toilet an adventure?" -Me

A point of pedantry, but one can't starve oneself to death on a regular basis. It's a bit of a one-time event.

LMAO!

I never really have gotten into MMOs, especially WoW. Paying $15 bucks a month to play a game is like buying the same game over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. Very annoyingkinda like some of my posts... I try to buy games with high re-playability, and mods/editors/open-source-code help. I still play Oblivion (haven't finished the main campaign due to my antiquated graphics card ) because of the user-created mods such as The Lost Spires and Midas Magic Spells of Aurum. I still play Halo (yes, partly because I'm a fanboi of that game) because of user-created maps such as Yoyorast Island, Coldsnap, and Hugeass. Also, if a game's got a good storyline, dynamic characters, memorable quotes, etc. I like to replay it. A lot. But quests in MMOs, as far as I can tell, are the same "find this," "hunt that," "retrieve this from big evil monster," or "eliminate big evil monster." How the Koreans, Japanese, Orientals, and the other fanboi races play those repetitive quests repetitively past the point of starvation is quite beyond me.

Isnt life just the same thing over and over again? Gather money, eat food, sleep and it starts over. The thing that changes it is human interaction, if you just work and sleep without talking to anyone it gets boring fast.
Fat people are harder to kidnap :ha:

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
How the Koreans, Japanese, Orientals, and the other fanboi races play those repetitive quests repetitively past the point of starvation is quite beyond me.

Same way they work themselves to death. Hell, blowing stuff up or stabbing it to death is a lot more fun then repetatively sitting in a cubicle somewhere or ringing up stuff on a cash register.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Your logic makes perfect sense there. It's all a matter of perspective really. People tend to play MMOs because they offer a temporary release from the world. Escapism is when you purposefully and always try to stay logged on.
This sig is equal to -i.

Free Vasudans! Clicky here!!

Care to kill a flame war™?

"Is it just me or are the squirrels getting more and more waterlogged?" - Tyr

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" -Me
"Are you trying to exorcise my Rubik's cube?" -Tyrian

"Life's an adventure*plunge*" -Tyrian
"You call plunging a toilet an adventure?" -Me

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR

As a people (NOT singular) they can... The expression is valid.