Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 4274 times)

Offline Photoncody

• Oh yeah!!!
    • Junk4Less
Is there such a thing as autopilot enabling that is not enabled from FRED? If so, what commands can it accept?

Oh, and is there any way to unlock all beams without having to program it in FRED, or just unlocking the beams from the ships.tbl?

Please help

-Photoncody

EDIT: Oh, I just want to know if you can implement a cheat that spawns like the way the cheat arrrrwalktheplank does. Can you add a another cheat like that? because I keep editing the last entry in the ships.tbl, because that usually is where the arrrrwalktheplank cheat feeds off of. I just want to know if you could make a cheat that feeds off the SECOND to last thing on the list in ships.tbl.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 06:50:25 pm by Photoncody »
I go OMGWTF at just about every ship model that I see. (As long as its not absolutely butt-ugly, like just a box or something.) --Trayus
We Are Working For You, Or At Least, We Are Supposed To. --Mobius

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
You need to create missions in FRED, anyway. On the "Mission Specs" menu, check "Beam-freed by default".

EDIT: Select "Toggle Features for the Wing Commander Saga". Don't know what other effects this would have, though.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Is there such a thing as autopilot enabling that is not enabled from FRED? If so, what commands can it accept?
No idea what you're talking about. Ask Kazan.

Oh, and is there any way to unlock all beams without having to program it in FRED, or just unlocking the beams from the ships.tbl?
No.

EDIT: Oh, I just want to know if you can implement a cheat that spawns like the way the cheat arrrrwalktheplank does. Can you add a another cheat like that? because I keep editing the last entry in the ships.tbl, because that usually is where the arrrrwalktheplank cheat feeds off of. I just want to know if you could make a cheat that feeds off the SECOND to last thing on the list in ships.tbl.
It'd be trivially easy, but why?

EDIT: Select "Toggle Features for the Wing Commander Saga". Don't know what other effects this would have, though.

All WCSaga autopilots are FREDed.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Photoncody

• Oh yeah!!!
    • Junk4Less

It'd be trivially easy, but why?
Well, because I wanted to have a voltition pirate ship surrounded by custom fighters to guard it (not like it needs to be guarded)
Or an entire armada of ships ranging from crusiers to destroyers
I go OMGWTF at just about every ship model that I see. (As long as its not absolutely butt-ugly, like just a box or something.) --Trayus

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Well, because I wanted to have a voltition pirate ship surrounded by custom fighters to guard it (not like it needs to be guarded)
Or an entire armada of ships ranging from crusiers to destroyers

And you can't use FRED why?
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Photoncody

• Oh yeah!!!
    • Junk4Less
Because I want to do the missions in other campaigns the way there supposed to be played and have a voltition pirate ship and a wing of generated fighters. I just want to know how to make another cheat similar to the arrrrwalktheplank cheat.

Offline Photoncody

• Oh yeah!!!
    • Junk4Less
Hello? I'm sorry if this is spamming, but no people have responded to this post yet.
THIS still is an unresolved post! Can someone please answer!?
(Preferably Turey)

-Photoncody

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Hello? I'm sorry if this is spamming, but no people have responded to this post yet.
THIS still is an unresolved post! Can someone please answer!?
(Preferably Turey)

-Photoncody

It's doable, but it's VERY unlikely that it will get done unless you do it yourself.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That would actually be fun to play around with. Many games have a spawn command like that. I have spent hundreds of hours fooling around in Deus Ex with such cheats. :D

Offline Photoncody

• Oh yeah!!!
    • Junk4Less
just have to tell me HOW to do it.

-Photoncody

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
First, you have to get the source code compiling.

Offline Photoncody

• Oh yeah!!!
    • Junk4Less
Tried that. Failed building it because it was missing windows.h and winsock.h and also afxwin.h.

P.S. This is from my compiling of the Razorjack's SolarSystem Engine.

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
Tried that. Failed building it because it was missing windows.h and winsock.h and also afxwin.h.

P.S. This is from my compiling of the Razorjack's SolarSystem Engine.

You need to get the full source from CVS.

Offline Photoncody

• Oh yeah!!!
    • Junk4Less

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
What compiler are you using?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
From the other thread he mentioned 2005.

I seem to vaguely remember that certain versions of 2005 require a platform SDK or something. Given that the header files which are missing aren't things I'd expect to be in the FS2_Open source (windows.h and winsock.h) that's probably the missing element.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Photoncody

• Oh yeah!!!
    • Junk4Less

I seem to vaguely remember that certain versions of 2005 require a platform SDK or something. Given that the header files which are missing aren't things I'd expect to be in the FS2_Open source (windows.h and winsock.h) that's probably the missing element.

Yes, Yes! Finally! Someone knows what i'm talking about!

Offline Turey

• Installer dude

Yes, Yes! Finally! Someone knows what i'm talking about!

I just helped Mongoose through this, so he'd be the person to ask.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Better late than never, I guess. :p

If you're using VC++ 2005 (or at least, the most recent version available from the MS site), you'll need to download the Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003.  (A quick search on the site should turn it up.)  After you have it installed, you'll need to copy the bin, lib, and include folders from its program folder to the following folder: MS Visual Studio 8\VC\PlatformSDK.  After you do that, you should be able to uninstall the Platform SDK.  (There's also a way to set up the proper paths within VC++, apparently, but this is supposed to be the simplest solution, and it worked for me.)  I managed to stumble across this in an MS support forum thread while in the middle of a much-appreciated help session with Turey; apparently, the absence of these library files from VC++ was "by design," which seemed to rather annoy many of the developers in said thread. :p

Now I just have to find time to start looking over the code and learning what's what...

Edit: Whoops, looks like this was already addressed elsewhere.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah but you probably did a better job of explaining than I did :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]