Author Topic: Corporations of the Freespace Universe  (Read 8931 times)

Offline ZylonBane

• The Infamous
Corporations of the Freespace Universe
Wow, deja vu right down to the thread title--

Corporations of the Freespace universe
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 03:43:51 pm by 264 »
ZylonBane's opinions do not represent those of the management.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Originally posted by Woolie Wool

It is in my campaign.

Atta boy, lets see more of that. :nod:
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by ZylonBane
Wow, deja vu right down to the thread title--

Corporations of the Freespace universe

I did notice that fact. I think it's probably not a coincidence :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
you should add a 'set-subsystem-strength' feature to the comet engines. :p
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Hee hee.

And yeah, Woolie, your stuff is a little ridiculous. You need to work on your campiagn background a bit more instead of just saying 'Shivans have corporations too.'

CP: All the official FS corporations are on there (except STX, thanks BW.) Baranec, Snapka, Agay and Johnson were all named after Volition employees.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2003, 04:50:50 pm by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
But the shivans like money too! They're just missunderstood. :p :doubt:

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
CP: All the official FS corporations are on there (except STX, thanks BW.) Baranec, Snapka, Agay and Johnson were all named after Volition employees.

Actually, that list only has about half of them (I had an almost complete list of them in a thread here a while ago, but I can't find it now), but that's probably okay since they all have the Volition names anyway. :D

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
Re: Corporations of the Freespace Universe
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
...Delta Naragesi....
I believe you mean Delta Naraesai. :)
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Now if there only wasn't reference to some of the non-canon history like the "Unification War" I'd give this 150% approval.

However this is overall a good compilation.

Be sure to check the Colossus cutscene for the full list of Colossus contractors.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline tEAbAG

Very cool, although you have far too much time on your hands.  Where did you find some of that stuff?  I've played the main camps tons of times and haven't heard of some of those.
If happiness is a warm gun and love is a battlefield, why should we give peace a chance?

C-130 rollin' down the strip
hits a rock and start to tip
its all right, its OK
full of soldiers anyway

I think we should go Mung his dead grandma. - anOn

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I was just digging around in my FS2 directory and found a text file copy I had saved of that post I was referring to earlier:

Agay Fluctuators
Akheton Corporation
Andsager Ballistics
Baranec Aquisitions
Boone Thrusters
Capezzuto Textiles
Comet Propulsion Systems
Dynamic Metamer
Enricco Ergonomic Systems
Gulisaro Precision Gear
Johnson Munitions
J. Scott [something]
Han-Ronald Corporation
Holt Bio Systems
Kulas Management Systems
Mekhu Enterprises
Muller Constructors
Mesa Corporation
Nankam Aeronautical
RNI Systems
Pletcher Designs
Sahr Corporation
Shekar Hydraulic Actuators
Snapka/Flegel Weapons Systems
Subach-Innes Corporation
Velocity: A Camarillo Company
Wentz Acoustics
Whiteside Construction
xEURR Inc.  (x is either C or G)

This was about all I could make out at that time anyway (after hours of examining screenshots from the Colossus movie :p).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 12:49:12 am by 296 »

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Hee hee.

And yeah, Woolie, your stuff is a little ridiculous. You need to work on your campiagn background a bit more instead of just saying 'Shivans have corporations too.'

Campaign background? I have one it's not finished yet.

Here's the background of the TSA (this is what I have put together so far, there is still much to be done):

(Warning: contains a few spoilers. Highlight to read.

[color=000000]When Bosch was abducted by the Shivans, the Shivans were impressed by him, and realized that humans were not stupid, irrational, highly emotional creatures. The Shivans struck a deal with Bosch: he would set up a Terran-Shivan Alliance whose first goal was to build a gate to Sol and capture the system and establish a power base from there. Then, the TSA would use this base of operations to lash out at the GTVA, striking from within as the Shivan Collective attacked the GTVA from the outside. The Shivans used the destruction of Capella to jump to the Proxima Centauri system. The Shivans gave the TSA a small Shivan fleet, headed by a Sathanas juggernaut, and specifications, schematics, examples of, and instructions on how to utilize Shivan technology. The TSA quickly found several jump nodes from Proxima Centauri and made deep incursions into GTVA space (at the time of the opening of the TSA's jump gate to Sol, the TSA controlled Proxima Centauri, 61 Cygni, Wolf 359, Barnard's Star, Alpard, and Dubhe). They used the short distance between Proxima Centauri and Sol to their advantage, building a gate in only two short years. They used a propaganda campaign boasting of a glorious new empire, with Earth as its crown jewel, and yet more systems joined the fold. The Shivan Collective began pounding the GTVA again, and with TSA forces fighting their way towards Earth and the Earth Defense Force in full retreat, and GTVA forces on one side of known space trapped between the TSA and the Hammer of Light, and the other side being flooded by Shivans, it's only a matter of time before the GTVA is history. Or is it? For the GTVA have one last line of defense: Project Icanus...[/color]
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
lets not get this thread off topic. I like it. I suggest you move it to a new topic or something.

Anywho, I have a few Coporations that could go on there (from my own works of course)

Delphi Incorporated
A company that has been deeply rooted in Terran Society for the last two centuries, Delphi Inc. is renown for their numerous inventions, of which include the original jump drive technology, and their most recent project the neural net processor, designed to create a more stable, intelligent A.I. Yet, they are not known exclusively for their Computer Design, but also for their Ship Design. Previously exclusive the civilian market (bar their jump drives), Delphi is now starting to be recognized as a major military contractor.

The Original H.Q. of Delphi was located on Earth, but after the Destruction of the SD Lucifer closed the Sol-Delta Serpintis jump node in 2335, Delphi relocated it’s colonial H.Q. first to the Beta Aquilae system, and later the Vega system, which has become the melting pot of Terran Vasudan society. From there, they have served both the Terran and Vasudan races for the last 20 years.

With a standing tradition as one of the highest quality enterprises in history, it can be said that Delphi will be guiding the Galactic Terran Vasudan Alliance through the stars and into the future for centuries to come.

and

Regulus Shipping
 Founded in 2362 by Kathryn Munro, Regulus Shipping is a freight hauling business that makes deliveries throughout the GTVA, for a price. Regulus prides itself in reliable and swift service from the most experienced pilots this side of Vasuda.

Regulus Shipping’s main base is located in Regulus of course, with several smaller depots located Polaris, Epsilon Pegasai, Capella, Alpha Centauri, and Beta Aquilae. And along with a strong foundation, they also hold a strong fleet, composed of the strongest and fastest transports in galaxy. These ain’t your Grandma’s freighters.

Regulus Shipping has recently cut a 5-year-deal with Delphi Technologies, a subsidiary of Delphi Inc. Although the base of the contract is classified, it is known that the freight company had fallen on hard times due to lost deals concerning pirate attacks and that the new contract will be a boon to their financial status.

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Graeme-Nef'tu Group
Manufacturers: GTCv Deimos (Under license), GTF/A Nightfall, GTW-61A Gat Gun, plus Experimental Design Devision
Other Activities: Mining, Shipping, Manufacturing

Owners Graeme and Nef'tu created GNG by aquring parts of the fallen Morgan Corporation after the "Derelict" incident.  Purchasing much of the Tania Australis system on the cheap, they have set up a large a diverse corporation in a surprisingly short period of time.  GNG succesfully aquired the rights to make GTCv Deimos class corvettes in a deal with Triton Dynamics.  A powerful figure in local and GTVA politics, the GNG is a driving force in the recovering GTVA.

Taken from ITHOV

There, here's another one.  Someone should put Morgan up
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Thor
There, here's another one.  Someone should put Morgan up

It's up. I haven't played Derelict in a long time, so there isn't much there. And Graeme and Nef'Tu sound like Vasudan names! Is it a Vasudan corporation?

I've been just jotting down background information for the past year or so. And CP: I'll need another year or so to go through the rest of the names you posted. :blah: Thanks, I think.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Thor

Well, Graeme (who's spelling is still being figured out) is a Human corporate raider.  He's a wild dominating force, who jumps into the most difficult situation.  Nef'tu is his stolid Vasudan Partner.  He is known for his rational thought, careful strategies and Buisness savy.  Between the two of them, they are a dynamic team, and the GNG reflects it's owners chemistry.  the best way to think of it is a Texan Millionaire teamed with an Asian Buisnessman.  One half wild, unpredictable, yet extremelly clever, the other calm, precise and dedicated.

So yes, it's somewhat Vasudan.

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
please not another Unholy Alliance;)
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Thor

what are you talking about?

:nervous:

Offline Gloriano

• silver dracon
  • Machina terra
that woolies wool campaing

that Corporation is nic
You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.- Nietzsche

When in despair I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won; there have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Hippo

• Darth water-horse
  • Grazing.
    • All Hands to War
Originally posted by Woolie Wool
...contains a few spoilers. Highlight to read...

you do know about the spoiler tag, don't you?

Anyway, heres one from AHTW;

Ribos Construction Yards;
PVC Anohs
They are mostly used for repairs of GTVA ships, shortly after the GTI Hades rebelion. It was the key centre of refit in the galaxy,and was responsible for th PVC Anohs chain of refits.
It was destoyed when a group of HoL cruisers attacked, and the GTD Enterprise took severe hits from an Aten class cruiser. The Enterprise's reactor was breached, and an explosion of massive proportions destroyed the yard.
All of the modifications once done there were halted, effectivly ending the Anohs cruiser, after only seven were finished. The modifications done to the GTD Minnow at the station were dismantled shortly there-after, due to the ill-effects of the destruction of such modificatons.
VBB Survivor -- 387 Posts -- July 3 2001 - April 12 2002
VWBB Survivor -- 100 Posts -- July 10 2002 - July 10 2004

AHTW