Author Topic: Artemis/Artemis DH?  (Read 1406 times)

I don't remember the Artemis DH at all from FreeSpace 2.

Why are there two versions of this ship? The DH is faster an more maneuverable at no cost, so why would anyone fly the regular Artemis?
Consider, friend, as you pass by, as you are now, so once was I.
As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me.

-- Scottish tombstone epitaph

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage

Why are there two versions of this ship? The DH is faster an more maneuverable at no cost, so why would anyone fly the regular Artemis?

I don't think the ships are actually different in any way.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
If you have any questions about Freespace ships, please consult the wiki before voicing them, chances are your answer is in there

www.hard-light.net/wiki

Offline Kie99

The only difference between the two ships is the paint job, and you only get to fly the DH if you flew the NTF Infiltration mission for SOC/GTVI.  I think :v: planned to make the DH faster but never got around to tabling it or found it unbalanced gameplay.
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Yeah,  so statistically it's the same, but only one has the Dark Helmet moniker.  Do you have the swchartz?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
[The only difference between the two ships is the paint job,...
That, and the inverted "Y" tail compared to the "X" tail of the standard.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Someone said a while back it had different weapon compatibility... But I'm not very sure.

Offline DarkShadow-

• Machina Terra
The Dogfight PBanks differ, while the Artemis has the D-variants, the D.H. uses standard weapons. So, actually, there's no real difference between both.
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, isn't 'Eureka!' but rather 'hmm....that's funny.'" Isaac Asimov

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
In some modified tables from the community they gave it increased afterburner power so that you could sustain afterburner for a longer period or upgraded the shields slightly.  Its an unlock for doing one of the SOC loops so it should have been a little better than the usual version.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well you got the Ares from doing the Shivan one.