Author Topic: A new campaign idea--I might do it....  (Read 3111 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
A new campaign idea--I might do it....
I'm not sure whether to start this or not, I will if I get some help (I'm too busy with other things to do a one-man project), so, anyways, this was inspired by the topic "What if," in which it talks about Sol being the one that re-constucts the node.
Also, please note, I'm aiming to make this campaign different, as in very different. After reading Our Haunted Planet(my major inspiration), I'm going to try a new take on the wills, powers, and nature of the Shivans, Terrans, and God's relations with them both.
NOTE: This is inspired by multiple other topics and campaigns, I will list them in my next post, as soon as I find them.
DOUBLE NOTE: For non-history buffs, you were considered of royal blood if you could trace your lineage back to the mating of a Demigod and a human female.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
______Campaign (woking title;))about 30 missions.

We have uncovered the relics of an ancient race, predating the human race.
They look almost human, however, it is obvious that they are not of our planet.
Their records show that they had frequint contacts with human kind, and they used their advanced technological prowess in order to decieve us and rape us of our population. They mated with human women, and this produced a royal lineage, which continued until the late 1800s, and even some places today.
Records also state that, once they were tired of our race, they signaled their outer colonies, location unkown, to set lose the creatures of destruction they had created. They flew to us in ships of red, and armor of steel.
A freak accident in which one of the alien's creators own ships attacked this monster was all that saved us from the Armaggedon that would surely have followed. The war that followed in the Earth Year 2020 was the most brutal the galaxy has or ever will see. Countless beings were slaughtered, planets raped of their resources and destroyed, and fledgling races crushed, including the creator's. It was for this that the ships of red were known universally as the Shivans.
         It is now 43 years after the severing of the Earth from the outside world. We now have developed the technology for a subspace jump into space, using an artificially constructed node. One, last, futile jump.
We can only pray that the Vasudans are still on friendly terms with us, and that they will listen to our pleas for help to re-establish the node to Earth, and to finally destroy the Shivan menace, once and for all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Here's the full list,

"Has anyone considered..." by Black Wolf

"Our Haunted Planet," by_________don't have the name right now.

and,

""Fate" - A new FS campaign that may be made... ," by Kamikaze

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Campaigns name was going to be The Crusades, buuuutttt, 9 views and no replies doesn't exactly inspire faith.

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Unkown Target
Campaigns name was going to be The Crusades, buuuutttt, 9 views and no replies doesn't exactly inspire faith.

All riiiiiiight! Do it! Yeeeeeeehaaaa!

No, I really like it. Good idea allthough I can't get the story! :p

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
erm...would the fact that you're flying for the Earth help? And that's just a history BTW.;)

I've got the first third of the campaign planned out, so I might post it later;)

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
Ok that's kinda cool. Hey unkow you can make like shivan becomes friends with you and help establish jumpnode, and than when you are near earth :mad2:BAM:mad2: they attack and couple of next mission is fighting for SOLs survival.
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Originally posted by Infested_Larva
Ok that's kinda cool. Hey unkow you can make like shivan becomes friends with you and help establish jumpnode, and than when you are near earth :mad2:BAM:mad2: they attack and couple of next mission is fighting for SOLs survival.

You have a thing for friendly Shivans, hey? :nod: BTW, the word 'the' is A-1 SUPAR!

(sorry if you're from a non english speaking background, BTW)
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Skippy

• It's not a bug, it's a feature™
    • FS/FS2 Campaigns List
Do this campaign, do it :) There will be another campaign to add to my database :nod:
MACHINA TERRA | FS/FS2 Campaigns list
Specs: Core2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 160GB HD, gfg7700 (Asus G1 Laptop)
Q9550, 4GB DDR2, 2x500GB HD (RAID1), RHD4870, X48-DS6, Corsair 620HX (Desktop)

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
It's good. ;) :yes:

Is that enough from me to encourage you? :cool:
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
See unkow you have some fans right now.:D
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
lol;)
Alright, I'll do it:D

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
unkow can i help you anyway??

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
sure, I never said you couldn't.....;)

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
I sent you demo version of my campaign check it out(in your mail)
:headz:

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Got it, hold on, forgot it had missions :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I kinda like the idea but I hate the idea of an alien race that can interbreed with humanity. It's just not realistic. We can`t even mate with chimps who share 99% of our genes.
 How about making them people from atlantis or something instead.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Infested_Larva

I think the shivans can't be friendly. They're like machines, creatures with one single goal: to destroy! (that's why I like them :D )

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
Read again:D . It says they help to establish jump node to earth, and then they attack it.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Alright, I revised a bit of the storyline so that it fits with the FS storyline completely;

Records also state that, once they were tired of our race, they signaled their outer colonies, location unkown, to set lose the creatures of destruction they had created. They flew to us in ships of red, and armor of steel.
A freak accident in which one of the alien's creators own ships attacked this monster was all that saved us from the Armaggedon that would surely have followed. The war that followed in the Earth Year 2020 was the most brutal the galaxy has or ever will see. Countless beings were slaughtered, planets raped of their resources and destroyed, and fledgling races crushed, including the creator's. It was for this that the ships of red were known universally as the Shivans.

That was the original

I changed it so that, instead of the ancients (the race who we discovered relics of, they were an off-shoot of the main race), it has the Shivans come down, to destroy the Ancients living on Earth, in order to preserve the Terran race, hence, the Shivans being labeled as "The Great Preservers,".

Offline HotSnoJ

• Knossos Online!
    • http://josherickson.org
Love the story UKT! One suggestion though. The ancients mating with humans. the ancients shoud be humans only Earth was colonized by them, but they lost contact with us some how and we developed on our own. Kinda like the Stargate story.
I have big plans, now if only I could see them through.

LiberCapacitas duo quiasemper
------------------------------
Nav buoy - They mark things