More maneuverability, and more action.
1 (6.3%)
Better differences between ships.
3 (18.8%)
Options 2 and 3.
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: August 14, 2002, 02:10:47 pm

Author Topic: Which do you want more?  (Read 3141 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Which do you want more?
Well?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2002, 02:15:33 pm by 368 »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
None of the above :)

Seriously I wouldn`t change any of the points you mention.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Personally I think improved graphical effects would be great, everything else is almost perfect which is why the game kicks ass so much. Additional features like mid-mission docking to capital ships and so on would all be nice but as it is the game is great.

Most of this is already being thought of in the SCP though...

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Tell me again, why can't we delete our own posts? Anyways, right now I'm doing some table editing, and I'm changing each ship to be more or less maneuverable and/or fast, with better armor. I'm also making weapons more anime-ish, and have increased the AI two-fold. (Coward is now what the orginal General was). My biggest problem with FS was that it was too easy, and so it was pretty boring. Not anymore! :D

(P.S: I also meant to add those things to the poll to, damnit)

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Speed. Nothing more - I still think the FS fighters are too slow.
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Already doing that: The Ulysses can go over 115, without max oclock. But I'm also making some ships slower, based on their class (fighters only, so far) giving them more weapon ports, increasing hull integerity, and I've removed the Terran Mara, and Artemis (so far), and added a new swarm weapon, teh Wasp, that shoots ten missles a pop. Plans to have a bigger swarm are on the way :D:thepimp:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2002, 08:30:47 pm by 368 »

Offline Solatar

I might just like this MOD, though you better make it balanced.

I like the sound of this mod. Don't listen to Hades, make it less balanced. Make the Shivans much more powerful to make it seem like they really are dangerous. Don't increase the manauverability too much, because it will be too difficult to control. I think capital ships need to be faster and more manauverable. I think that if you could make the physics more real while keeping the fun factor, it would be much, much better.

Offline Solatar

yeah, good point Pegasus, the Shivans should be more powerful. I just meant by balanced, that you couldn't go in with minimal weapons, and take on a destroyer (I've seen MODs that do this). Make it fun, hard, and not to easy.

Originally posted by Hades
yeah, good point Pegasus, the Shivans should be more powerful. I just meant by balanced, that you couldn't go in with minimal weapons, and take on a destroyer (I've seen MODs that do this). Make it fun, hard, and not to easy.

Ohh... well, in that case, listen to Hades. I hate those overkill mods. Make it balanced in that respect.

Originally posted by Unkown Target
teh Wasp, that shoots ten missles a pop. Plans to have a bigger swarm are on the way :D:thepimp:

the wasp sounds like the MX-52 on single fire.  A bigger swarm is not necessary, hell i don't even use swarmerz(w00t! harpoon 0wnz all that fly).
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Harpoon's are definately the best. They'll be around for another 30 years i hope. Those damn Tornado's can't keep up with their target, even the Hornet can keep up. I'll stick to my Pegasus fighter with my trusty Subach HL-7 and two banks full of Harpoons. Or my __ (can't remember its name - the heavy assault GVF) with dual Mekhu HL-7's with dual Harpoons. I prefer Mekhu over Subach, Harpoon over Tornado and Boanerages over Artemis.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Ok, most ships now have weapon holds that can carry over 100 missles (this is generally only for the ships that can carry the wasp [it's cargo size is 0.1]) Also, the AI has been beefed up, even though it's still stupid as **** (The original General configuration is now where Coward was:drevil: )

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Originally posted by Pegasus V
Those damn Tornado's can't keep up with their target, even the Hornet can keep up.

I think you have it backwards.  Hornets are the slow, bad tracking holdovers from FS1.  Tornadoes are new and much faster, better tracking, etc.  I'll fly an Ares with a Kayser/Max primaries with two banks of tornadoes and own any thing I come against, save capships.  For up to corvettes, I use the same primaries with a bank of Trebuchets switched in on the Ares, or a bomber if I might run into bigger things.  Of course that will change once Project A-10 is released;)
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Redfang

I think he meant harpoons, as he only once typed hornets and usually harpoons. Or not?

Hornets are only good for small cargo space, but tornadoes are definitely better. Harpoons and tornadoes are both good. :nod:

Edit: And I agree with karajorma and Thunder. The better graphics would be good, for option to set them low.

Of course MODs and campaigns are good, too. :D

Offline AqueousShadow

• Devil
  • Imperial Highway
Well, about the loadouts and stuff, Trebuchets are definitely my favorite missile. Fast little bastards, strong firepower, and great distance in both covering distance and actually being able to lock. Definitely my choice. ;7 I'd have an Erinyes with two UD-8 Kaysers and one missile bank with Harpoons and the other with Trebuchets. I'd also go with options two and three. Not too much maneuverability, but just enough to give you the actual ability to dodge an AAA beam :D The action part couldn't have much more improving since it's already great and that is mostly up to the Campaign makers and such. Also, the ships do get boring after a while. The player ships are fine, but I mean the actual cap ships. There is only one Corvette for each race, the fleet could use some more destroyers, and the Deimos and Aeolus are kind of similar :wtf: But if you just meant reskins :nervous: They all could use a makeover! ;)

My Space fairing Box 'o Death:  Perseus with twin UD-8 Kaysers, 2 banks of harpoons in double fire mode(great for bomber intercept).  My comp has trouble dealing with swarm missle path info so they either slow down just before hitting or just fly right past anything not moving in the same direction as me, thus my love for the harpoon.
Can the reason that we fear the unknown be that we know ourselves too well?       -The Outer Limits

<*)}}}><  HAPPY FISHIE!!

Offline Solatar

My Death maker is actually a herc 1. loaded out with all promethius S, and two banks of harpoons. kaysers drain to much energy from a Herc, but six bansk of promethius really kick butt.

Offline ShadowWolf_IH

• A Real POF Guy
    • CoW
killfrenzy

Speed. Nothing more - I still think the FS fighters are too slow.

We have plenty of that in the CF.
You can't take the sky from me.  Can't take that from me.

Casualties of War

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
Shameless! Totally shameless!

I too, have speed - lots of it. My Venusian fighters are VERY fast, and extremely agile.

Oh yes, they're also armed to the teeth!;7
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat