Author Topic: "No Collide Weapon"/"No Collide Ship" susbsystem/subobj flags?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
"No Collide Weapon"/"No Collide Ship" susbsystem/subobj flags?
You know how fully transparent/untextured faces behave?
Weapons (lasers, beams, missiles) pass right through but ships collide.

Would it be possible to have this made into a flag, so that I can have textured subsystems/subobjects (table/pof) with the same behaviour?
The opposite would also be nice (stops all weapons, ships fly right through).

Both of those would be really nice for making "forcefields" of different varieties.
One to trap ships inside and shoot the hell out of, and the other to protect ships inside from incoming fire and allow launches, something like the hangar bay forcefields in Star Wars.

Or is this behavior possible already?
AFAIK, all we can do is have things collide with everything, or collide with nothing (or have the special behavior when it has no textures).
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: "No Collide Weapon"/"No Collide Ship" susbsystem/subobj flags?
i kinda like this idea. so far subsystem collision flags are: $no_collisions, $nocollide_this_only, and $collide_invisible. add to that $no_collide_texture: "texturename". then you just need variants of those specific to ships and weapons. perhaps even make it possible for force fields to stop hostile ships and weapons but not friendly ships or weapons.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN