Author Topic: revisiting old games  (Read 69198 times)

Offline Al Tarket

• A resident nutcase from Jerusalem.
    • An FSO Modification site
revisiting old games
today i thought i might try out some old games which i have no played in a long while.

Ancient conquest, the thing is this version is in polish so i do not have a clue how to pass mission 4 after defeating the various enemies on that map and collecting all the artifacts.

Thief the dark project, on mission 7 on my way out of Constantine's building and saved until i resume it

Laser light, angles are deceptive and one hell of a game!.

wolfenstein 3d, exactly the same as dynasty of spear, very fun game.

transport tycoon, a president on the company profiles leaderboard and a huge chunk of different businesses, using maglev trains and super aircraft. starting out in africa-like map layout next.

any old games you have just play or thinking about playing?
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Judge these words wisely and you might make it through this cruel world.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. Heard of it, could never find it. I'm thinking of re-installing my Bioshock so I could try mixing a few new plasmids together. I also wish my Uprising/Dark Reign/Armor Command/Total Anhilation were compatible with Vista. Oh, and I also wish I could find an Uprising 2 cd in Singapore.

I've heard of Transport Tycoon, but never really got into it. Is it fun?
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Al Tarket

can be if your willing to wait for your business to expand. their are a few variables which can also make you laugh, a light hearted attempt into creating a business manager game.

however i am unsure why you asked me if it is fun, you will need to find out yourself, i can not answer that for you :P.
Cowardice is no selfishness, Friendliness is no enemy and Information is no attack platform.

Offline Roanoke

this is all I use my pc for nowadays.....

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I replay just about all of my old games every four or five years. I'm currently going through Descent 3 and will probably start playing System Shock 2 in co-op in a few days.

I also wish my Uprising/Dark Reign/Armor Command/Total Anhilation were compatible with Vista.

What is the issue with TA? I use XP but I've played many co-op games in that during the last few months.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
System Shock 2 in co-op in a few days.

If you get delayed like two weeks, tell me and I'd like to join in. I'm out of town this week and two or three days next week. :nervous:

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I replay just about all of my old games every four or five years. I'm currently going through Descent 3 and will probably start playing System Shock 2 in co-op in a few days.

Heh, I just finished the Mercenary expansion, myself.

---

Mind if I get in on that co-op game?

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Well, last weekend I finally finished Dungeon Keeper for the first time, a good 10 years after I bought it.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Baldurs Gate series (1, 2, ToTSC, TOB)

Outcast

System Shock 2

EV: Nova

Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
AoE/II, Stronghold/Crusader, Midtown Madness 1/2, Some weird game about... I dunno, Tax deductible space or something.

Also, Counter Strike, HomeWorld2, and a few more.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
What is the issue with TA? I use XP but I've played many co-op games in that during the last few months.
Works fine on XP but crashes a lot on Vista, which is my OS.

Well, last weekend I finally finished Dungeon Keeper for the first time, a good 10 years after I bought it.
I love that game.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Nuclear1

HomeWorld2

:ick:

If you have to play Homeworld games, make it Homeworld 1 or Cataclysm.  HW2 was terrible.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
If you have to play Homeworld games, make it Homeworld 1 or Cataclysm.  HW2 was terrible.
Sacriliage! T'was just as good as HW1 and Cataclysm!

Offline Al Tarket

its a trade off for me on homeworld series.
on homeworld 1 you got individual units you can move about, limited fuel and many random things going off like a computer ai accidentally stumbling across a derelict or computer ai salvaging one of your carriers and heavy cruisers. although it does get boring after a while.

cataclysm closes that down but the story line is not too good and is too easy.

homeworld 2 opens it up a slight bit or boredom, a few advanced camera movements, again not too good storyline, individual movement of units is limited however very powerful units and tactical usage is required such as get a few destryoers directly above the hiigaran battlecruiser to prevent the ion cannon from ripping a gaping hole in your fleet or get behind the vaygr battleship takes the engines then missile batteries out and destroy the ship from the rear, make sure to also keep taking the missile batteries out, in original homeworld their was none of that, all you needed was a big force directed at the mothership. in my opinion of course.

Offline Roanoke

HomeWorld2

:ick:

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Old games? Two old games I'm playing now, Metal Fatigue and Conquest: Frontier Wars, both are good RTS games, has anyone ever heard of them?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Old games? Two old games I'm playing now, Metal Fatigue and Conquest: Frontier Wars, both are good RTS games, has anyone ever heard of them?
The first rings a bell, I actually have the second one lying around in my house somewhere. I think it was a pretty good game.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Sacriliage! T'was just as good as HW1 and Cataclysm!

Didn't play the SP campaign much did you?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Didn't play the SP campaign much did you?
For what, all three or HW2? I played all three SP campaigns lots. I don't see whats so bad about it. Unless you don't like the "Hiigaran's are saviors of the universe" storyline.

Offline Al Tarket

more like a lost peoples grandeur reclaimed, accidential heroes and religous visionary part real :rolleyes:.