Author Topic: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within  (Read 190369 times)

Re: [WIP] Shattered Stars: A Deepness Within Act 0 (DEMO)
STOP STEALING HAPPYNEWYEAR

But what is he stealing??? You DLed the entire modpack, and I assume you read the design docs/"story intentions" too, so I'd guess you knew what Bryan was doing. But you only started complaining that Bryan would steal your mod after it got mentioned here in this thread in a rather unrelated way.

Offline Bryan See

• Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
  • Trying to redeem, but under Tiger Parents
    • Twitter
alright lads, everyone take a shot, by the next page we'll all be at hamnyurger status
Is there's something's wrong? There is something unique about this mod. The setting, and the Shivan capship command with introns.

Honestly, the only unique thing about this mod is how it's caused so much amusement at your expense.

No, seriously, there isn't much to this mod other than an unworkable mishmash of different sci-fi universes, and those introns nobody really cares about aside from yourself.

Honestly, the only salvation I see for this mod is to go full TC and make an entirely new universe, world, set of factions, and-so-on. No more ME, FS, BP or Galaxian stuff, it's way better to entirely create a new world from scratch (and by "from scratch", I really do mean it).

And while you're at it, don't steal other people's goddamn models (even if they do look like cut enemies from Star Fox). Do like many people here have done before, and make the assets yourself, from ground up. That way you don't have to risk pissing people off for theft.
Ok. I have one actually. From there, I will make an entirely new universe, world, set of factions, and-so-on, from scratch. For that, I need to write a design document. That will resemble the pre-2018 incarnations of Shattered Stars, but without all other people's models. I will take it as my advice.

Only if after I have released the Teaser Demo, which is 3 days away.

But what is he stealing??? You DLed the entire modpack, and I assume you read the design docs/"story intentions" too, so I'd guess you knew what Bryan was doing. But you only started complaining that Bryan would steal your mod after it got mentioned here in this thread in a rather unrelated way.
I assembled the modpack from other various sources. I gave them credit. I ran the mod as a film in my head. I agree with Nightmare's assessment.

I did not steal happynewyear, Wouter.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 06:18:07 pm by Bryan See »
Bryan See - My FreeSpace Wiki User Page (Talk, Contributions)

Full Projects:
Shattered Stars

Campaigns:
Lost in the Mist - Cyrene vs. Psamtik
FreeSpace: Reunited

Ships:
GTS Hygeia, GTT Argo, SC Raguel

Tools:
FSO TC/Game template

I've been under attack by Tiger Parents like Jennifer Pan...

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Lol, actually for my part I did have a mod in the works set millennia after FS2. Thought myself quite original I did.  :p  So happens I'd been planning on releasing my work and my design schemes for criticism/advice sometime soon. I'd like people to tell me what they think.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
This is feedback.    Don't release anything without you having written  permission permission to distribute ALL assets used.
Then, how am I going to get permission? PM? What are the users involved? I am a member of the HLP since 2009. I got permission from one of INF's developers a few months ago.

That's for you to sort out before you are even meant think about announcing anything.   You alone know where you got your assets from.   I'm referring to models from EVERYWHERE by the way.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:50:19 pm by Colonol Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Lol, actually for my part I did have a mod in the works set millennia after FS2. Thought myself quite original I did.  :p  So happens I'd been planning on releasing my work and my design schemes for criticism/advice sometime soon. I'd like people to tell me what they think.

Don't worry, my story is probably set a couple billion years later. :cool:

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
alright lads, everyone take a shot, by the next page we'll all be at hamnyurger status
Is there's something's wrong? There is something unique about this mod. The setting, and the Shivan capship command with introns.

Honestly, the only unique thing about this mod is how it's caused so much amusement at your expense.

No, seriously, there isn't much to this mod other than an unworkable mishmash of different sci-fi universes, and those introns nobody really cares about aside from yourself.

Honestly, the only salvation I see for this mod is to go full TC and make an entirely new universe, world, set of factions, and-so-on. No more ME, FS, BP or Galaxian stuff, it's way better to entirely create a new world from scratch (and by "from scratch", I really do mean it).

And while you're at it, don't steal other people's goddamn models (even if they do look like cut enemies from Star Fox). Do like many people here have done before, and make the assets yourself, from ground up. That way you don't have to risk pissing people off for theft.
Ok. I have one actually. From there, I will make an entirely new universe, world, set of factions, and-so-on, from scratch. For that, I need to write a design document. That will resemble the pre-2018 incarnations of Shattered Stars, but without all other people's models. I will take it as my advice.

Only if after I have released the Teaser Demo, which is 3 days away.

That means, the Teaser Demo will have nothing to do with any other release of it?  :confused:
What is the point in this Demo then?

Well, i think the Ancient-Shivan War reimagination draft of Shattered Stars was the most promising and most fleshed out one. Because it has already a plot line from the The Great War monologues, was Freespace related and played in a very unique time frame of the universe... and you did not need any new models, or you have the total freedom to create a proper Ancients Fleet from scratch for your own liking.

Because i read it sometimes in your countless explanations about SS... what actually are these introns?! Have to admit, that i already do not understand the biology behind them in a DNA (and yes, wikipedia was the only source for that), but i have no clue what this have to do with Shivans at all, which are not very biological :confused:
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Because i read it sometimes in your countless explanations about SS... what actually are these introns?! Have to admit, that i already do not understand the biology behind them in a DNA (and yes, wikipedia was the only source for that), but i have no clue what this have to do with Shivans at all, which are not very biological :confused:
Introns are a mechanic introduced for Shivans in BP: AoA, where it would give them various kinds of buffs or sometimes debuffs to wings of ships. It wasn't really balanced for the player to use them, so uh, we'll see how that works out.

Well, i think the Ancient-Shivan War reimagination draft of Shattered Stars was the most promising and most fleshed out one. Because it has already a plot line from the The Great War monologues, was Freespace related and played in a very unique time frame of the universe...

Link to that?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Introns are a mechanic introduced for Shivans in BP: AoA, where it would give them various kinds of buffs or sometimes debuffs to wings of ships. It wasn't really balanced for the player to use them, so uh, we'll see how that works out.

Basically mutators for Shivan behavior, to test out where we wanted to go with them in BP3. Everything from 'ships in this wing get smarter as you kill their wingmates' to 'teleporting Dragons' to 'makes you ****in hallucinate skulls and whispers'.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
As for the rest of this thread, why y'all gotta kill the magic with all this advice and all these demands :( Just let Bryan be Bryan, I wanna see what happens

but happynewyear isnt shatterd stars its about antihumans gtva shivans not unsc thing

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Well, i think the Ancient-Shivan War reimagination draft of Shattered Stars was the most promising and most fleshed out one. Because it has already a plot line from the The Great War monologues, was Freespace related and played in a very unique time frame of the universe...

Link to that?

If i remember correct, that Ancient Shivan War Reboot thing was mentioned in the Total Retaliation thread. And this ASW reboot was called Shattered Stars aswell.

But what i mean, because of the monologues of FreeSpace: The Great War and the well known ending for the Ancients i think, that an ASW is more fleshed out already than this Shattered Stars iteration ever was ;)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 09:48:03 pm by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
As for the rest of this thread, why y'all gotta kill the magic with all this advice and all these demands :( Just let Bryan be Bryan, I wanna see what happens

:o
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

If i remember correct, that Ancient Shivan War Reboot thing was mentioned in the Total Retaliation thread. And this ASW reboot was called Shattered Stars aswell.

But what i mean, because of the monologues of FreeSpace: The Great War and the well known ending for the Ancients i think, that an ASW is more fleshed out already than this Shattered Stars iteration ever was 

Ah OK I just get a little worried every time I read something like "possibly similar to what I'm working on". :D

But I'm looking forward to hear what HLD_Prophecy has been writing. :)

Offline JSRNerdo

• [`_`]/
  • Gone!
Yes. I agree with General Battuta and woutersmits
Former Inferno lead, BTA fredder-ish and DE fredder. Driven out by ordinary fascists the_e, aesaar and general battuta. Will return if they're ever removed.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
but happynewyear isnt shatterd stars its about antihumans gtva shivans not unsc thing

And we will take slaves!

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Ah OK I just get a little worried every time I read something like "possibly similar to what I'm working on". :D

But I'm looking forward to hear what HLD_Prophecy has been writing. :)
Uh, actually that was an old old project! Sorry for the misleading post.

Lol, it was years ago man! Probably 2015 or so was when I stopped working on it.  :lol: Yes, it was my first serious mod project that went anywhere. I spent a couple years on it. Was supposed to be a two-act, 14 mission mod. Single-handed. First real project. Yeah, obviously it ground to a halt!   ;)  I got most of the first act done though... but that's a story for the thread I'll bring it up in. I put a lot of thought into it and it's been inside me for, like I said, years.

I'm eager to hear critique of the ideas, plot, what-have-you, it'll help me mod in the future!

Lol, it was years ago man! Probably 2015 or so was when I stopped working on it.  :lol: Yes, it was my first serious mod project that went anywhere. I spent a couple years on it. Was supposed to be a two-act, 14 mission mod. Single-handed. First real project. Yeah, obviously it ground to a halt!   ;)  I got most of the first act done though... but that's a story for the thread I'll bring it up in. I put a lot of thought into it and it's been inside me for, like I said, years.

EXACTLY the same here! :lol: Seems to come with the concept.

yes slaves is part of it antihuman