Author Topic: RELEASE: Transcend  (Read 175130 times)

Sync is without voice-files afaik? Will there be additional voice-files in the future like in other mods?

Offline Nuclear1

Ransom didn't intend to voiceact Sync or Transcend in the near future, particularly due to the absence of female voiceactors necessary for characters such as Sarah, Farae, Omega 1, and Rikas.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
That's half accurate. In Transcend's case it was more of a design choice; I wanted the Transcendant to seem out of place from the very beginning.

I'll see about getting Sync voice acted once production starts on the following chapters. There's no point getting it voiced now if the same actors aren't available to retain their parts later on for whatever reason.

Offline Kie99

Is the sequel going to finished by the end of this month?
"You shot me in the bollocks, Tim"
"Like I said, no hard feelings"

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
My current project has no relation to either of my prior ones. It's entirely standalone. You'll get your sequels next year.

:(

A whole.... year?  :(

Is this "current" project the one you swore you'd finish by... six days from now? I thought that was the sequel to Sync...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Believe me, you'd know if it was the sequel to Sync. Anyway -- next year's only two months away.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
*sits and meditates*

Spoooookinessss....

EDIT: There, finished the campaign... O...K... Yeah.... I can see how that doesn't need a sequel...

Wheh, do you like campaigns that explore the nature of the FS universe, have insane, prescient people, crazy, almighty powers, mysterious crates, and well personified characters? Then try campaigns by Ransom Arceihn!

Ohhh... so that's where the movie went... I missed it after that mission :(

That is a nice movie :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 07:07:01 pm by Mathwiz6 »

Offline ShivanSpS

Hi, I feel free to convert the ending.avi to ending.ogg, this is important because the avi supprt will be droped, have fun.

http://files.filefront.com/endingogg/;6484196;;/fileinfo.html

P.D. I also attaching a cutscenes.tbl

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:13:24 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
Hi, I feel free to convert the ending.avi to ending.ogg, this is important because the avi supprt will be droped, have fun.

http://files.filefront.com/endingogg/;6484196;;/fileinfo.html

P.D. I also attaching a cutscenes.tbl

Downloading ...

Thanks  :yes:
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

I downloaded this campaign yesterday and just finished it, after several straight hours of playing.

Wow.

This has to be one of the best campaigns ever created for fs2.  At the very least, it has one of the most compelling storylines.  Major kudos to Ransom!!!

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I -HAVE- to learn how to do that stuff! The random transitions between time and normal space and the ships disappearing freaking ruled!

Just some more little-known SEXP's. I've looked at the events and I must say that I don't understad half of them ( :p), but from looking at the effects in-game I would guess that the "blinking" was a very quick fade-out/fade-in, and the ships vanishing was achieved via the (go figure) ship-vanish SEXP?

The final mission in particular was just... incomprehensible to me. Good job with the coding, Ransom.  :yes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Centrixo

ive played it, and there were a few too many boring parts, jumping from one node destroy some ships jump out, then you jump in, then head for the node then jump out for about 10 consecutive straight missions.
but i love the graphics, its so nice. like its using inferno scp's. there were some good parts though, the pegasus fighter jumping from one place to another looked nice :nervous: aswell.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Well the point of the jumping left and right was to tell you that you couldn't escape the cruisers and the corvette.

Offline ShivanSpS

yeah but there are too many fighters, who going to send about 100 fighters to kill 4 pirates? :P

anyways, the campaign really improves your aiming :P

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Who's gonna send three corvettes in which they all eventually die, a multitude of cruisers, which also die against three measly "pirates?"

Offline Centrixo

youd be suprised about the 3 pirates, especially if one of them is a player and the other 2 have ship gaurdian.
Would you like to have a piece of duct tape shoved up your arse? - 'Duct Tape man', Derelict.

"You never know what your going to find until you take a look" - Snipes, Fs2.

Terwin Castronenves:"Centrixo, your car is slow, bye bye" *zoom*.
Centrixo:*sigh!* Damn!.

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Believe me, you'd know if it was the sequel to Sync. Anyway -- next year's only two months away.

So, when will you release it?  I still remember playing Transcend the first time through and I want to know how you're going to top yourself this time around.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...