Author Topic: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)  (Read 589143 times)

Re: Wing Commander 6: The Undiscovered Release Date (Star Citizen Thread)
There's no reason for being hasty. Only the greater goal counts. If the faith of his followers in the Citizens Temple is waning, Chris Roberts will  gather the most faithful of them and move to a remote place in the Amazonian forest, where he will found a village by the name of Crobertstown with the promise to make a RL version of the game for the members of his cult, but in the end, they realize that they have made a terrible mistake by trusting that man...

Pretty sure he tried that already, and the village burned down, along with half the rainforest.

I'm sure it's fine.  I just don't understand the nuances of village building.

im looking forward to the part where CIG murders a senator who goes to investigate citizencon 2024: guatemala
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
There's no reason for being hasty. Only the greater goal counts. If the faith of his followers in the Citizens Temple is waning, Chris Roberts will  gather the most faithful of them and move to a remote place in the Amazonian forest, where he will found a village by the name of Crobertstown with the promise to make a RL version of the game for the members of his cult, but in the end, they realize that they have made a terrible mistake by trusting that man...

I like where this is going, but I think you're missing the true goal. The true goal would be to use the gathered funds, and any other donations Citizens are willing to give, to buy one of the many WW2 museum ships and restore it to seagoing capability so that development can take greater inspiration from that one time in history that crobears actually know.

This will be represented in-game as an org citizens can pay to join virtually, a Sea-Org, if you will.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

im looking forward to the part where CIG murders a senator who goes to investigate citizencon 2024: guatemala

"We already suspected that something was wrong due to naming of their meeting place, most things ending with -con are bad like Lolicon, Siscon and then Citizencon... but we ingored the warning signs..."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 03:29:10 pm by Nightmare »

Offline Kiloku

• Buzzbuzz!
    • Minecraft
Apparently there was a new delay, and from what I can gather from the disappointed comments in the SC subreddit, the delayed stuff were rather important features/content.
Potato!

Croberts must be relieved that he can come up with a Corona excuse... his only problem is that there'll be still backers left that just won't die...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline starlord

Is it just me or does anyone here also ponder about what could have happened if a virology lab had that kind of money directed towards them?

This project is inherently disgusting to me.

Well most of the money was burnt years ago before Corona is a thing. Dunno how good they're at making people stay at their cult now with the economy going downhill.

Offline starlord

Of course it was, but to have money held in reserve for literally life saving investments might actually a relevant thing. Who would have thought?

I consider myself to be just as much of a space sim crazed junkie as anyone else in that forum, but even I will tend to say that a multi hundred million dollar investment on a video game is a surefire sign that social priorities are going straight to hell.

Capitalism ensures the most efficient distribution of resources within a society.

Well if Africa was part of our society, no/few games would exist

« Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:06:22 pm by -Joshua- »

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/07/star-citizen-dev-offers-roadmap-for-development-of-new-development-roadmap/

This is far too ****ing funny.

Why settle for an uninspiring cookie-cutter roadmap like all the other games? It'll be much better to wait a few months for a roadmap that'll be so damn informative it'll cure corona and **** out prophecies.

And furthermore, Star Citizen is good. Really, really good.

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
****, I missed posting here for the 5th anniversary of the July blog.

Still hyped to answer the call 2016.
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

^Cursed images be like

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
So it's been months and I've been tied up with election news but hey look, Squadron 42 beta pushed back to "I dunno"

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/28/22203055/star-citizen-squadron-42-release-date-beta-delayed-alpha-testing-funding

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That is shambolic.
I'm got nothing but sympathy for the guys who backed it for Sq42, but nothing but relief for me not backing it when I was on the fence.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png