Recent Posts

Pages: < Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Next >
Severed Steel and Ghostrunner are up for grabs

EDIT: This month brings Disco Elysium and Chivalry 2, but I already had both of those so need to unload some keys

Is the key for Ghostrunner still available? I'd love to have it :)
General Discussion / Re: Eclipse
« Last post by Mongoose on April 10, 2024, 05:41:47 am »
I'm in the same boat, Perihelion. I was toying with driving to the Erie area, which is several hours away, but the forecast even early that morning was for thick cloud cover, so I didn't want to bother only to be disappointed. Then I see later in the day that the clouds were clearing in spots, and Erie itself caught a break with only an hour to go. What a kick in the pants.
Getting Started / Question about downloading mods with requirements I already have
« Last post by forealdo on April 10, 2024, 02:21:32 am »
Since I recently beat the main FS2 campaign, I started looking around in Knossos for other mods to play. I looked at Between the Ashes and saw it required MediaVPs 4.7.3, which I already have downloaded save for MVA_Warp. Since the download size seemed to be calculated for all of MVPs rather than the addon I'm missing, I was wondering if I were to download the mod without unchecking MVPs 4.7.3, would Knossos automatically detect the files I already have, or would it just download the whole package again? Thanks in advance.
« Last post by Goober5000 on April 10, 2024, 12:17:06 am »
A buddy and I took a road trip to Indiana to see it.  The weather was nearly perfect, and we got to see four minutes of totality.  It was a fantastic experience.

Perihelion, my sympathies. :o
« Last post by perihelion on April 09, 2024, 11:14:12 pm »
That sounds like an awesome trip, and I am quivering with jealousy! Ah, if only I’d ignored the stupid weather report!
« Last post by Trivial Psychic on April 09, 2024, 07:48:25 pm »
I've been wanting to see this eclipse since I first heard of it about 2 years ago.  I booked 4 days off work in case I needed to go further afield to see it.  I live in Ottawa, outside totality, so my initial idea was to go down to Niagara Falls, long enough that a full day's worth of travel would be required just to get there, but considered Kingston as a closer alternative if the weather would co-operate.  Unfortunately, neither destination seemed viable, but then the option of going into southern Quebec looked more viable, including an option of getting into the very CENTER of totality.  In the end, the place where we set up, was less than a kilometer from the center of totality.

The only thing I regret, is not bringing a warmer coat and gloves.  I was shivering during the height of it, and the light breeze didn't help.

A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and it was beyond fantastic.  I even managed to hook up with my brother who was coming from another town, and we were able to travel in tandem and watch from the same spot.
« Last post by Scourge of Ages on April 09, 2024, 05:43:01 pm »
It got dark in the middle of the afternoon today.  Did anyone catch that?

I *did* notice the sun doing something funky, but couldn't see what and now my eyes hurt  :D
« Last post by perihelion on April 09, 2024, 04:35:59 pm »
I made plans weeks ago to take a day off and drive my kids to Eagle Pass so we could see the eclipse from within the path of totality.  Then starting late last week, the weather forecasts for the entire path of totality through the southern US states started to go rain cloud-shaped.  Day before, I finally told my kids that we wouldn't be able to see it from anywhere we could drive to and get back from in one day.  We were bummed and went to the aquarium instead.

Then, end of day, I see an article from Eagle Pass with photos showing that the clouds parted there long enough for the eclipse to show through.

I haven't stopped screaming yet, and my family hasn't stopped laughing either.  [rageface.gif]
General Discussion / Re: Capitalism will collapse on September 17, 2026
« Last post by Mongoose on April 09, 2024, 03:43:27 pm »
I think we're good here.
General Discussion / Re: Capitalism will collapse on September 17, 2026
« Last post by Grizzly on April 09, 2024, 03:15:28 pm »
Mustang, are you ok? Do you need help?
Pages: < Prev 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Next >