Author Topic: Official FRED Contest Announcement  (Read 73673 times)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Official FRED Contest Announcement
:( the best mission I ever made was only worth a 52%. And I don't even remember how to make ones of that calibre any more. :(

This one
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
They look pretty good, Raa; not great, but revise it a few more times and you might have something really cool. :)

So, how are people doing?  Who's working on missions?  (And who isn't working on a mission but said in the other thread that they would? :p)

Do the prizes meet with everyone's approval?

Offline Axem

I am working on two missions atm, although I'm having trouble with an annoying bug that halts the central part of one mission. So the second mission is incase that bug doesn't get fixed in time.

Offline Nuclear1

I may or may not be submitting one. I'm currently working on several campaigns, and I might decide to submit one...
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by Axem
I am working on two missions atm, although I'm having trouble with an annoying bug that halts the central part of one mission. So the second mission is incase that bug doesn't get fixed in time.
Mantis it. :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Working on it...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
Dammit, I missed this until now. I'll have to get a move on to get something finished....

EDIT: And this should be in the Highlights, IMO, to make sure we get as many entries as possible. :nod:
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by pyro-manic
EDIT: And this should be in the Highlights, IMO, to make sure we get as many entries as possible. :nod:
Badger one of the admins.  I don't think it's ethical to highlight your own stuff. :p

Offline Primus

• Ranger
  • Lusus Naturae
Or are you just being lazy? ;)

EDIT
I so wish that I had the time to participate :(
No surrender, no retreat.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
*considers signing up*

*reads requirements and realizes he can't win because his grammar is flawless and getting outside help is prohibited*

So, this contest is innately unfair. As I suspected. :doubt:
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:10:04 am by 1079 »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Axem

Er, the rules say that you CAN get someone to help you with it. You just have to do most of the FREDding.

And you can probably also release it privately to a person or two to help out with grammar and playtesting.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'm certainly not going to complain at anyone who gets outside help with their grammar. As long as you aren't getting someone to ghost write your dialog it's okay with me.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Originally posted by TopAce
*considers signing up*

*reads requirements and realizes he can't win because his grammar is flawless and getting outside help is prohibited*

So, this contest is innately unfair. As I suspected. :doubt:
What Axem and karajorma said.  Nowhere in the rules does it say you can't get outside help.  In fact I specifically allowed this by saying, "It's okay if you got tips from someone else. It's not okay if the entire mission consists of tips."

I spent a great deal of time on the rules to make sure they were as fair as possible.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
OK, i'm in, but if i ever win, i'll have to pass on the hlp store thing. the reason should stay hidden with me. :nervous:

[EDIT] can we do something like a 2-mission campaign?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 05:33:46 pm by 2299 »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Since you can submit multiple missions I don't see why not, though I imagine each would be judged on their own merits rather than as a whole.

Well, my missions is at about 80% complete. It's getting a little BoE-ish, so I'll have to change some ships near the end I think. Because even I don't know what the hell is going on and I made the dang mission! :P

Hope I don't run out of SexPs. And playtesting's such a Son of a ***** when you have 5 minutes of dialogue before the action starts, erg. If I do up a second mission for the contest, it'll be on slightly different lines  I think.

Offline pyro-manic

• FlambĂ©
Pimped on the news page. :)

And I really should start fredding... :nervous:
Any fool can pull a trigger...

FRED is the devil in my soul...  I swore I wasn't going to make a mission for this contest, but then I stayed up late last night working up a concept.  There's no turning back now.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:drevil:

Offline Singh

• Hasn't Accomplished Anything Special Or Notable
  • Degrees of guilt.
at least you managed to get started. The lack of an SCP fred is killing me :/ :(
"Blessed be the FREDder that knows his sexps."
"Cursed be the FREDder that trusts FRED2_Open."
Dreamed of much, accomplished little. :(