Author Topic: first vasudian mission error  (Read 3961 times)

Offline mem182

first vasudian mission error
Hi, i'm running FS2 on an intel mac. Everything so far has been great, however now i've just started the vasudian campaign i'm having some problems. I get the introduction from the admiral of the psamtik (sp?) and i get my mission briefing, but when i click accept to play the mission i get stuck with the mission briefing screen. I can hear sounds from the mission and appear to have control (ie i can hear myself firing cannons and what not) but all i can see is the mission briefing screen! Any info would be appreciated, i've tried reinstaling to a different path but i am still getting the same problem.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: first vasudian mission error
What happens if you play the mission in the techroom? (Press CTRL + SHIFT + S if it doesn't appear). What happens if you play a different mission?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline mem182

all other missions are completely fine. i cant play the mission from the techroom as i havent completed it from the campaign. seems so odd, that only this mission is playing up.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
all other missions are completely fine. i cant play the mission from the techroom as i havent completed it from the campaign. seems so odd, that only this mission is playing up.

You can play the mission in the tech room without completing it if, like Karajorma said, you press ctrl+shift+s.

:welcome:

[Insert welcome speech thingy here]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 08:17:31 am by Wobble73 »
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline mem182

ah right, i apologize, just tried that and the same thing happens, i get stuck on the mission briefing screen.

Offline mem182

is there any way that i could just skip this mission?

Offline Wobble73

• Steam
is there any way that i could just skip this mission?

The only way I can think of is to fail it five times,   Just alt-j as soon as the mission has started, you'l get a de-brief complaining that you went AWOL, hit the accept button and it will ask you to replay the mission, rinse and repeat another four times and it will now give you an option to advance.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline mem182

hmm, i cant even do that! i have no control over the mouse and still all i can see is that damn mission briefing screen, this is becoming a pain the ass!

I'm having this same exact problem - I can get into ship and weapon selection screens, but when I click to start the mission everything freezes (well the mouse freezes and the mission briefing stays on the screen but I can hear myself flying, etc.). The only thing I can do after trying to start the mission is hit option-command-escape to force quit FS2.

This is with FS2_Open 3.6.9 Final - I've played through the campaign before using the last 3.6.9 release candidate without having this problem - I'll have to dig around and see if I can find the release candidate I used and try this mission again.

I did try running the debug version to see if there was anything that might make sense to me...  heh, nope, but here's a few lines that look like they're from where the problem occurs:

--snip--
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 1.082 (1.082)
ANI iconv-fightW.ani with size 46x46 (28.1% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_ENTER_GAME (2) in state GS_STATE_BRIEFING (10)
Entering game at time =  41.344
Regenerating local nebula!
!!DEBUG!! OpenGL Errors this frame: 1
Frame  1 too long!!: frametime = 0.348 (0.348)
message 'Mission Begins' with invalid head.  Fix by assigning persona to the message.
ANI Head-CM2b.ani with size 120x120 (6.2% wasted)
message 'Mission Begins 2' with invalid head.  Fix by assigning persona to the message.
2048 frames executed in  30.012 seconds,  68.239 frames per second.
Frame 2610: Weapon #593 CHASING cmeasure #678
--end snip--

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
--snip--
Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 1.082 (1.082)
ANI iconv-fightW.ani with size 46x46 (28.1% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_ENTER_GAME (2) in state GS_STATE_BRIEFING (10)
Entering game at time =  41.344
Regenerating local nebula!
!!DEBUG!! OpenGL Errors this frame: 1
Frame  1 too long!!: frametime = 0.348 (0.348)
message 'Mission Begins' with invalid head.  Fix by assigning persona to the message.
ANI Head-CM2b.ani with size 120x120 (6.2% wasted)
message 'Mission Begins 2' with invalid head.  Fix by assigning persona to the message.
2048 frames executed in  30.012 seconds,  68.239 frames per second.
Frame 2610: Weapon #593 CHASING cmeasure #678
--end snip--

That would just make the message ani not appear, not cause the mission to be ommited visually, am i close? Is it a Mac OS issue?

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Wobble73

• Steam
@ bubbalumpkis

:welcome:

Welcome to the HLPBB.  Exits are to your left, right, and anywhere else you can imagine.  In case of attack, there is a flamethrower under your seat.  However, due to budget cuts, they have been filled with water.  Plasma rifles are located in the weapons lockers, which are only openable by admins, V-gods, or a hyper intelligent shade of the color blue.  When wandering the corridors, be sure to check out our various locales, such as disco Inferno, the Babylon Project embassy, or the memorial to the GTVA Colossus, the biggest water gun the universe has ever seen.  When wandering the ducts, you may stumble upon Carl the shivan.  If so, give him your lunch and back away slowly.  Maybe you'll live.  Thank you and have a pleasant stay.

Please, no mentioning the third installment of our favourite game, it ain't gonna happen. Also it's worth mentioning that if you're gonna start a thread about politics, religion or evolution, it's gonna start a flame war, so be prepared!

Oh, and don't take advice from Takashi! 

Wobble73 - thank you kindly for the welcome.

I scrounged around and found FS2_Open 3.6.9-RC8 and tried it instead and I also replaced all of my vp files - but I'm still having the same problem.  Now I'm trying to remember what else I've changed since it worked last time...  If I can backtrack until it works again I'll post what worked.

ok - looks like the problem is the -env flag. Once I turned off the -env option I was finally able to start and play through Fog of War with no problems.

Offline Wobble73

• Steam
ok - looks like the problem is the -env flag. Once I turned off the -env option I was finally able to start and play through Fog of War with no problems.

Glad you worked out what the problem was! We will have to remember this in case other Mac users are having the same problem!   :D :yes: