Author Topic: Ships  (Read 22459 times)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Hmm ... just had a thought.  Are those little six-engined things in this screenshot the GTT Corsair?  They seem to be about the same size, and appear to have the same engine configuration.

Hmm ... just had a thought.  Are those little six-engined things in this screenshot the GTT Corsair?  They seem to be about the same size, and appear to have the same engine configuration.

Maybe it's that fighter used in Transcend that looks like a DS9 runabout.

Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

The Kelpie?

Yeah something like that. It's got a buttload of engines on the back anyway. Not sure if it's 6 or 8. So it could fit that screenshot.

Offline blowfish

The Kelpie?

Yeah something like that. It's got a buttload of engines on the back anyway. Not sure if it's 6 or 8. So it could fit that screenshot.

But they're not in the right configuration.  The Kelpie has several engines of various sizes.  The ships in the screenshot appear to have all of their engines the same size, positioned with four like the Elysium and two off to the sides and forward a bit, and they are all roughly the same size.  Besides, they look too big to be fighters.  I stand by my guess that is the Corsair.

Offline eliex

Probably Darius changed it slightly to fit his faction.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I don't think its the Kelpie.
The Kelpie's a fighter. All the UEF Fighters are revealed already.

I'm more likely to bet its a Corsair, as there's not small transport for the UEF revealed yet. All then have is the Upanishad, which is cruiser sized.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Darius

Very perceptive :) They are Corsairs.

Though I'm not sure that mission is going to be in the campaign now, since I lost all of it :( it was a nice mission too. Ah well. The next one will be even better.

Offline blowfish

Though I'm not sure that mission is going to be in the campaign now, since I lost all of it :( it was a nice mission too. Ah well. The next one will be even better.

Judging by the caption, it looked like an interesting twist in the plot... ;)

bloodthirsty earthers... hmmm..
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

So are most (if not all) of the UEF fighters Steve-O's creations? Or are there a few designs in there we haven't seen yet? (or, had the chance to play with, rather than seen)

Offline blowfish

So are most (if not all) of the UEF fighters Steve-O's creations? Or are there a few designs in there we haven't seen yet? (or, had the chance to play with, rather than seen)

All the fighters/bombers we've seen so far are by Steve-O.  Beyond that, only Darius knows ;)

Offline blowfish

OK.  On the advice of Stormkeeper, I am asking this question in this thread:

Will there be any new GTVA ships in BP:WiH?

Offline Darius

If the story calls for new ships, then sure.

Offline blowfish

If the story calls for new ships, then sure.

Well, does it? :P

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
I would think so. :p Though probably not alot.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
You wouldn't need too much of an excuse to add a supporting vessel or two.

Probably something small, like an auxilliary freighter/transport, science vessel (although it'd be odd having a science vessel on the front lines), or the like. A new fighter or bomber wouldn't be too hard to justify, either.

Edit: or a support ship, to replace the Hygeia...

Another Edit: Will the UEF have their own support ship, too? Maybe something with 1 or 2 turrets, that'd be a nice change.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Support ships shouldn't have any armament. The only reason they can carry so much ammo in such a small place is cause they don't need no weapon systems and etc. I think it was stated so by canon, but I could be wrong I guess.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Aye, but it wouldn't be too hard to make a slightly large support ship (still about the same size, though), and add maybe a Terran Turret or Terran Turret Weak to it (or whatever the faction uses)...

Anyway, I think giving the UEF its own support ship is something that ought to be done (unless Darius has something better in mind), and turrets or no turrets should be secondary to that.

Also, for a real-life comparison, present-day refueling ships are somewhat larger than fighters, not smaller or equal size like the support ships in FreeSpace.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Do note, however, that the GTS Centaur of FS1 is still the smallest Terran support ship to date. ;)

If the UEF has its own support ship, it may probably be a heavily modified version of the Centaur.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?