Author Topic: Need Replacement download for Trashman's GTB Athena Mk2  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Need Replacement download for Trashman's GTB Athena Mk2
I use Trashman's GTB Athena Mk2 as the GTF Thor in Twist of Fate, which is the predecessor of the GTF Hercules and the ship that the Athena is derived from (essentially making the Athena the "Mk2" here). My current copy of the ship has these ugly roundels on it to differentiate GTA Thors from Terran-Vasudan Reconciliation Army Thors, but now I'm switching to using team colors to make them visually distinct, so I need the original textures. However, the freespacemods download (http://www.freespacemods.net/e107_plugins/download/download.php?view.359) no longer works. Can someone find and reupload this? Is it still buried on the freespacemods servers somewhere?
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Re: Need Replacement download for Trashman's GTB Athena Mk2
I've noticed this more often with the downloads on freespacemods being broken. Sadly, I don't have the Athena Mk2 either (It looks decent in the screenshot on the wiki), but I have some other model downloads backed up. Probably a good plan to look into any other broken downloads and get them all fixed up as well?
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Freespace Files has a copy; don't know how up to date it is, but at least it downloads; it includes pcx textures (:eek2:) as well as DDS.
http://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/download/dXBsb2Fkcy9Nb2RlbHMvU21hbGwlMjBTaGlwcy9HVEIlMjBBdGhlbmElMjBNazIlMjB2MS4wMi5yYXI=/h/81fdcba9f5bbff8bbefe22cf4ad3d4f1
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline HLD_Prophecy

• PVD_Hope in a former life
Freespace Files has a copy; don't know how up to date it is, but at least it downloads; it includes pcx textures (:eek2:) as well as DDS.
http://sectorgame.com/fsfiles/download/dXBsb2Fkcy9Nb2RlbHMvU21hbGwlMjBTaGlwcy9HVEIlMjBBdGhlbmElMjBNazIlMjB2MS4wMi5yYXI=/h/81fdcba9f5bbff8bbefe22cf4ad3d4f1

Speaking of this, can someone update me on the relationship between pcx and DDS? Are we all supposed to be using DDS now? Your emote seems to indicate that pcx is... outdated, or am I reading you wrong?

Thanks for finding that download, btw. Freespace Files is my go-to place for missing downloads.

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
IIRC, pcx is an old format. It was used in retail practically everything including "released" textures.  My use of the emote was because pcx indicates the model is (probably) old, maybe made in the early days of Freespace modding.

These days DDS is preferred for textures, because they're compressed and video cards can store them compressed which saves a heap of RAM.  Other formats like PNG have to be converted to RGBA pixels (i.e uncompressed) when sent to the video card. So currently it's preferred to use something like PNG for working on & testing textures, but to use DDS for released textures.

FSF is good! I just wish the search was recursive, currently you have to find the right dir for search to find what you're looking for.
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Thanks for the help! And yeah, pcx is the old retail format, and FS2 retail would only accept 256-color pcx files despite truecolor pcx existing.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I fixed the Athena download on FSMods.  If you see any other broken links please let me know.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Actually I think I fixed the 1.01 yesterday, I fixed the 1.02 release today.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays