Author Topic: 6 gun mod help  (Read 1391 times)

Offline geLoad

• Twitter
 :confused:

Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of you can give me a hand with something. I would like to put the 6 gun Hercules Mk2/Prometheus mod into freespace open and use the new textures and such. I know it kinda unbalances the campaign but it just makes the herc 2 feel right.

Thanks
-geLoad

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Why not use the Ares instead?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline geLoad

• Twitter
because Im about to get my ass handed to me by a few mara and asaroth.

actually never considered it, I may still plug away at it myself and try to get it to work and have the game look shiny anyway

So you want an older model with newer textures? There's no real easy way to do that, it would be much easier to simply use the Ares model and retable it as a 6 gun Herc2 that replaces the default Herc2. You'd just need the Ares pof. Then make a -shp.tbm, point to that pof, and copy the rest of the stats from the Herc2, including the $Name so that it overrides the default Herc2. Put that in your MediaVPs_2014 folder and you'll have it in game.

Once you're done playing just delete it so it doesn't get used in other mods that rely on MediaVPs.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:01:01 pm by FrikgFeek »
[19:31] <MatthTheGeek> you all high up on your mointain looking down at everyone who doesn't beam everything on insane blindfolded

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
Or you could mess with the MVP Herc 2 model in PCS2 and just give it two extra gunmounts. Pretty easy actually.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"