Author Topic: Trouble Installing FSO  (Read 2195 times)

Trouble Installing FSO
Hello All,

I recently had an issue where I had to restore my computer and lost all downloaded games in the process. I am trying to setup FSO again, but am having issues. I installed Free Pace 2 from GOG and proceeded to run the FSO installer. However, when it wants me to select which items to install, many of the are already checked and grayed out. In addition, some mods, like blue planet, are no longer there. I also tried Knonssos with no luck. When I try to install a mod with it, it says the exe is not found even though its linked to the Free Pace 2 Install Folder. I really do not know how to proceeded and could use some help.

Thank you,

Have you looked at using the new installer/launcher? 

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.0

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Which exact error message did you get in Knossos (a screenshot might help)?

Have you looked at using the new installer/launcher? 

https://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=94068.0

That is the version I am using

Which exact error message did you get in Knossos (a screenshot might help)?

The message is:
"A critical error occurred! Knossos might not work correctly until you restart it. The error has been reported and will hopefully be fixed soon."

Offline ngld

• Administrator
  • Knossos dev
Can you check in Knossos' settings screen which data path you have selected? Does it exist?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
and proceeded to run the FSO installer. However, when it wants me to select which items to install, many of the are already checked and grayed out.

This can be fixed by going to your user directory (such as C:\Users\username) and deleting fsoinstaller.properties.  That will reset the FSO Installer to "factory defaults".

In addition, some mods, like blue planet, are no longer there.

Unfortunately, the host for the Blue Planet downloads is not currently online.  They know about it and presumably are working on a fix.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
In addition, some mods, like blue planet, are no longer there.

Unfortunately, the host for the Blue Planet downloads is not currently online.  They know about it and presumably are working on a fix.

blablahblaP2P distribution is the future blahbla    :hopping: