Author Topic: RELEASE: SerRes - Shadows of the Great War v.1.0.6  (Read 6596 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
RELEASE: SerRes - Shadows of the Great War v.1.0.6

SR, from limbo to release
At what point does it become "too late" to release a mod or project? One week, a couple of months, three years? What about 4965 days, 22 hours, 1 minute, and 53 seconds? Well, listen to Series Resurrecta's story. On March 13th, 2007, at precisely 10:22pm, I started working on a campaign that was meant to be an unofficial expansion for Inferno Alliance Standalone, the upgrade to the main INFA release which was also meant to feature a number of satellite campaigns, each with its own story.

Many years have passed since then, and so many things have happened. Recently, I managed to recover these old files and save them from oblivion. Soon afterwards, I also managed to group a team of devoted contributors, and we worked together on getting this stuff in working conditions. Now, what has officially become the SerRes Team is proud to announce the release of two campaigns, Gehenna's Gate and The Spirit of Ptah, plus the modpack which will serve as root for future releases. You're right - this is just the beginning of this "resurrection" effort!

What's in SerRes-1.0.6?
The first release of SR features two campaigns, Gehenna's Gate [GehG] and The Spirit of Ptah [TSoP], as well as the main SR modpack, which will be shared by future releases. Both campaigns are grouped under the Shadows of the Great War brand.

What's featured?
- Two campaigns, comprised of 14 missions;
- Revamped versions of pre-existing models;
- Detailed fiction texts adding extra lore to the FreeSpace continuity;
- Exclusive soundtracks created by professional artists;

Download

(Please note that the ModDB version may not be up to date, and its installation may result in a number of issues.)

Recommended FSO Builds
SerRes-1.0.0 has been tested to work properly on the latest Nightlies, released in October. Earlier builds may expose bugs. Nightly 20201015+ is recommended.

Credits

Author and Mission Designer: Mobius

Asset Design: Nyctaeus
Testers: Admiral Nelson, Aspidochelone, Fusion, lordhood117, Nightmare, Nyctaeus
Exclusive music: Bloodstalker, Daddy Warhol / Electric Trojan, Georgios Savvinidis, Rich Douglas
Proofreaders: Admiral Nelson, Iain 'Nomad' Baker, lordhood117

Additional contributions:
Admiral Nelson (Command Briefing ANIs, table polishing)
Aspidochelone (Modpack improvements)
Nyctaeus (Loading screens, banners, modpack and model improvements)
Wistler (Testing support)
Wombat (Testing support)

Additional credit goes to development teams behind Scroll of Atankharzim and Ancient-Shivan War for some of the CB animations used in this modpack. MjnMixael also helped out in the effort. Community member Black Wolf is to be credited for the set of Vasudan anis.

Finally, very special thanks to Woomeister who supported the creation and development of unofficial INFASA minicampaigns back in the day.

Updates
1.0.6 - minor bug and packaging issues.
1.0.5 - same as below.
1.0.4 - packaging issue solved.
1.0.3 - more fixes to HUD issues.
1.0.2 - packaging issue solved.
1.0.1 - fix for a reported scaling HUD issue with specific resolutions.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 06:06:29 am by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: RELEASE: SerRes - Shadows of the Great War v.1.0.6
We tracked down the corrupted packages issue, and VP packer of Knossos seems to be responsible for this. 1.0.6 has been repacked and uploaded just as folders, without any VP files. If more issues emerge, drag'n'drop package of 1.0.6 will be available on ModDB.
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.