Author Topic: Possible Superstation?  (Read 3117 times)

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
You know, I've got an asteroid station lying around here somewhere. More in the style of Freelancer asteroid bases, than the Boadicia or Trashman or Sandwich's station.

Basically, everything is internal, with no open spaces, just rooms and tunnels. There's an access port on the outside that needs some supertstructure built around it, and there's some platforms for turrets. Its not very high poly either. If you were to put it into an asteroid field, it'd just disappear. :)
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Starks

Karnak is a really fun station... Not quite experience a Death Star gives... But close enough.
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Teh meh at all of you...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Gregster2k
uhm just delete the Iceni from Boadicea and make the asteroid chunks of Boadicea no longer be destroyable ;) voila

couldnt one conceivably just make a new station using Boadicea as the basis anyways?

hehe

No reason you can't but considering all the work you'd have to do it's probably easier to just build one yourself :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Karnak was reali nice station but now nedds details:nod:

And fore big station im working on one. She is oabut 5 km long and height. her destination is to suplly all war ships ships al;so she is big trade center.:)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Odyssey
[color=cc9900]I like small, cute ships myself. It really wouldn't make all that much sense having something much bigger than an Arcadia station, primarily because space is so empty. You put stuff near the stuff it works with, and build a network from that base up. Additonally, there's the issue of defence - however hyper-powerful your super-station may be, it's still incredibly vulnerable because it's not only a sitting duck, it's a huge sitting duck, as opposed to lots of little ducks bobbing around in different parts of the lake.

Therefore, small cute stations are the way forward, says I.[/color]

excepted stations are not only for battles, they have a lot of other features, and a station cluster would not be that handy for, say, trading, or maintenace, or stuff like that. You can see the pros and cons of both setups in Eve, actually :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline Starks

I just hope one day, we can recreate the Battle of Yavin  the way LucasArts and Factor5 could not.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 07:56:50 pm by 1169 »
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Yaviv?
SCREW CANON!