Author Topic: A little SEXP help  (Read 1106 times)

A little SEXP help
Hi people!

Just a little request to help get this project complete (I've imported all the models I need by the way).

I'm wondering if there is a SEXP that will end a level? Not a campaign, since this is going to be a campaign consisting of a few levels, but the level itself?

I know the player can warp and that will end the level, but I'm after one which will just end the level, without the warp?

Thanks for your time. Soon I'll have it finished then I can stop making requests of you all. Then maybe I'll be able to help out here as well :D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You've got two choices depending on the mission and what version you're running.

If you're using FS2_Open simply use End-mission. It does exactly what it says on the tin, ends the mission and drops you into the debrief.

Using FS2 Retail is a little more complicated. Red-alert will end a mission but it will skip the debriefing and can only be used if your mission is followed by only one mission (you can't use it if the mission branches in the campaign).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Darn. I have got FS2 Retail, and made a fair few modifications to it. And we have got debriefings.

I don't suppose it will skip the briefing for the next mission? Because then I can try putting them all together.

And for the final mission, end-campaign will work fine?

Actually, if I upgrade to FS2_Open will the missions and so on still play fine in FS2 Retail? 'cos in that case I may upgrade.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Missions written for FS2_Open will only play on open (especially if they use the new SEXPs like End Mission). Most of the community has moved over to open anyway though so you wouldn't be cutting your audience that drastically if you did too. Pretty much the only ones who haven't moved are those who can't run FS2 Open rather than those who won't.

Using a red-alert will give you the short 1 page briefing you saw in the main campaign but you can always red-alert and then simply not make the following mission a red-alert mission (giving you a full briefing).

Beware of the end-campaign SEXP. It doesn't do what you think it does :)

In the campaign editor there is a SEXP called End Campaign which causes a message to pop up saying that the campaign is over when you try to enter the ready room.

The End-Campaign SEXP in the events editor however is a completely different beast. It only works when the campaign file is freespace2.fc2 (i.e the main campaign) and although it does end the mission it also triggers the end of campaign cutscenes.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Thanks for the help karajorma!