Author Topic: Idea!  (Read 1182 times)

Im wondering if this is possible or not...

Would it be out-of-the-question to create, when making freespace 2 campaigns, a campaign file that lets you specify how many fighters and how many weapons you want in that campaign. My idea is used for the smaller campaigns. So, that way in the missions you are making WITHIN the campaign, if you loose a fighter, it imediately subtracts that fighter from the compliment of fighters you had listed in the campaign file.

I was going to use this idea for the campaign I was planning to make... just a thought, if this could be done...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Nope. Can't be done.

Believe me I've asked the SCP for it already

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,17130.0.html

Check about 4 posts down.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2004, 10:15:46 am by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I don't think Freespace 2 keeps track of 'em very well, however, it should be possible to save the values from the weapons loadout and then simply not load the values for the next mission (or load them into a temporary array and add the values).

This would require changes to:
1) Wherever the variables for the ship selection screen on (These might be the original variables the weapons pool is loaded into, which would cut the work down by a lot)
2) FRED, to add a checkbox for "carry over weapons" and probably "Limit support ship ammo"
3) Support ship code, to automatically decrement the weapons pool and only rearm with what you've got
4) Mission loading code, to check for the flags and either not load/add the weapons pool.
5) Possibly an AI change to prevent AI from depleting your carefully hoarded ammo by calling in support.
-C

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
There's a difference between "can't be done" and "not currently implemented".  I'm working on it. :)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by Goober5000
There's a difference between "can't be done" and "not currently implemented".  I'm working on it. :)

Best news I've heard all year :yes:

By can't be done I meant that it can't be done using the current features. The SCP guys can of course do whatever they turn their hands to given enough time :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by Goober5000

Whew, I thought for a bit everyone assumed I volunteered. :nervous:

I haven't been in a coding mood for awhile, been feeling sort of burnt out.
-C