Author Topic: Nasty Nasty Tables *spits*  (Read 835 times)

Offline magatsu1

Nasty Nasty Tables *spits*
Seen a Fighter weapon in another game which might be pretty cool, and I reckon a modified beam cannon might do the trick.

So I removed the "big ship" flag from the SGreen table, and added "SGreen" to the allowed PBanks (I also tried SBanks) of a Ulysses.

But it ain't working. The beam just doesn't appear in the ships arsenal. What am I missing ?
Blitzerland: Knows what he's talkin' about

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Are you using FSO or vanilla FS2?

In vanilla you had to enable the Targeting Laser as a viable weapon for the fighter and then tweak the weapon you wanted...

Not quite sure what you have to do in FS Open as I haven't messed with fighter beams yet BUT you could take the phasers from Omni's ST vp's and mess with them as they are set for fighers (just do not use the fixed ones, use the fighter ones , ie, PhasferF, PoleronF ect...

Biggest weapon I tweaked for vanilla was a Sred for my phasers and also for the Getter beam...
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline magatsu1

Open 3.6

Actually. all I had to do was Cut 'n' Paste my beam from the Beam Section to the Primaries part of the table. Bit of a bugger, but hey, live and learn.

FYI, in open builds all you haved to do is ensure you have the correct flags (and put the entry on the right place natch). I think, looking through the old SCP threads, Bob intoduced a fighter beam code circa release 3.2

Thanks though!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Did you remember to edit the ships table to allow that particular ship to carry the new beam weapon?
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline magatsu1

yep. The weapon was just in the wrong part of the table.