Author Topic: Sparks  (Read 2300 times)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
is there a way you can incorporate the sparks that are generated when a ships hull drops below 20% into a weapon effect of some kind? and is there a way to add muzzel flashes for anything other than beams and flak guns?

"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline CKid

I think muzzel flashes will be added in the next mediavp.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline --Steve-O--

"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Tempest

• The Star Wars Conversion
    • The Fate of the Galaxy - SWC
I'm pretty sure the lightning sparks are hard-coded and I haven't seen a way to mess with them directly.

Muzzle flashes, on the other hand, are completley moddable. simply add $muzzleflash to your weapons entry and use a defined entry from mflash.tbl. That's all there is to it.
"... and the klingons also were the soviet's space program. i mean can you really believe that a bunch of communist farmers can make rockets like that?"
-Axem

My photobucket: with all my shiny new stuff on it! http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/Tempest_77/

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
well, ships with EMP have yellow sparks...
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline --Steve-O--

interesting, i'll have to try that. right now im tinkering with the $DECAL thing. i cant get it to work.
error: required token = [#end] or [$name], found [$decal]
in addition where to the textures for it go? effects or maps? is there a separate table entry else where that has to be made other than weapons?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:18:19 am by --Steve-O-- »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
taylor was playing with the spark effect.  Ask him if you need more info.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Decals are not functioning. As for the sparks (and lightnings) thing... You could perhaps make real model for the weapon and then use animated - transparent - textures on it with the 'flickering' transparency option. That combined with small particle emitter and perhaps a glowpoint or two might do the trick.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Could those lighting effects be disabled with a flag in some future version?  They just don't look right outside the Freespace world.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline --Steve-O--

man, that sucks about decals. i even whipped up some nifty burns. i guess i'll hold on to those for the future if maybe decals will be reimplemented.
as for the arcs i actually wanted to try and manipulate the arcs themselves, when the weapon fires it arcs between physical gun points, um think of the ion cannon from starlancer...sort of, and charges up like a beam cannon but fires a projectile. i dont think that will work though. so i've moved on to something else.
weapons tables are fun. nice break from modeling and PCS

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Decals IIRC will be re-implemented as soon as they make them work better.  3.7.0, maybe?  Anyways, we have to wait for 3.6.10 before that, so hold on for a while.